What have you learnt?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Mochaj, 16 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Mochaj

Mochaj Gold Member

Diet:
    CD
    What have you learnt since starting (or finishing!) CD, what has surprised you?

I'll start with... I've learnt I CAN actually enjoy a diet. That is a real shocker for me after trying several and just hating them! lol

Last edited: 16 November 2007
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I have learnt that I do not need food to make me feel better.....

4. KerrieW

KerrieW Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    That other people's opinions, behaviour and jealousy shouldn't affect my choices and I can be successful if I choose to be.

5. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I still have a long way to go, but I am learning to accept a compliment!

6. Bailey

Bailey Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.48%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    That I am stronger than I thought. I can cope without food and I can do this!

7. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    That it needs to be something you do for yourself and that the confidence and happiness you gain from achieving something that you've wanted for soooo long is life-changing.

Gxx

8. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    i have learnt that i still fail on a diet . i cant help myself .... i am sort of getting back on track but annoyed that i could be so much further ahead if i hadnt wasted a few weeks. however saying that i havent put on the wt that i have lost. i just wish i had more determination and stick to it . i am weak! i am easily tempted. the only person i cheat is myself and i know that i just seem to be able to resolve it !

9. Mochaj

Mochaj Gold Member

Diet:
    CD
    Sue, I know that feeling, I had 6 weeks of exactly that, well exact apart from I did regain some :) You aren't failing! You haven't given up!

I nodded lots at some of the answers so far, especially yours MrsV about learning to take a compliment! I have always been so bad at accepting a compliment and I'm getting a bit better at it now. However, even when someone says "Oooh you've lost some weight" I still reply with "I have but I've still got to lose more." Why I can't just leave it at "Yes, I have, thanks!" I don't know. lol. We'll get there in the end with the compliments thing :)

10. Mochaj

Mochaj Gold Member

Diet:
    CD
    So true! In fact at the moment it makes me feel worse. I feel better now than I have done for ages and that's because I'm not pigging out like I used to. I used to think food solved my problems, it actually caused quite a few of them because of the way it made me feel about myself, which then made me react to people in a negative way.

11. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    that people nasty comments arnt hurting me, the only one hurting me was myself

12. hazel05

hazel05 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet/ ww
    Isn't it strange! I have sooo much more confidence since starting this diet but i find it so hard to accept compliments!! when someone says something nice i want to curl up in a ball and hide!!

I have found out so much about myself and other people on this diet....
    I don't need to rely on food to get me threw life
    I can be happy with my body
    I'm not ugly or big boned!!
    I know who my real friends are, the ones who are really happy for me but better still i know the bitter and jealous ones and its these "friends" that make me stronger and more determined to succeed!
    I have much more willpower than i ever imagined
    I actually love clothes shopping
    My husband and all my/his family are so supportive
    I could go on and on with this lol so i'll leave it there and give someone else a turn!!

13. spooky

spooky Banned

That if I eat through being sad/miserable/insert word here.. then it will only serve to make me feel worse because by overeating I am adding to the problem.

14. Lil K

Lil K Addicted to Minimins

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(13.3%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    That I can actually stick to a diet & that I have reserves of willpower & positivity that I never knew existed!

.....and to think I actually put off doing CD for a good few months because I just didn't think I could do it, yet now I know its not a question of IF i can get to goal, just WHEN!

15. methenie

methenie methenie from london.

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    i did learn

its possible to do diet with no feeling hungry and loose quikly

and i suprise myself to do it , with some up and down but cc is the only diet i do follow propely.:eek:

16. ava

ava Silver Member

Same for me. Fod was my answer to everything before, if i felt sad, upset, angry, happy, you name it i turned to food. Even with all the tough times i've had while on Cambridge and i really have felt like eating i've got through it without doing. Food is not going to make everything better, that's my new mantra :D

17. whoops

whoops Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've learnt I don't need half the food I Was eating especially the takeaways!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. k-nine

k-nine Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Diets online
    That I can cook a meal (for someone else!) without tasting it, that I can make a cheese sandwich without having a slice of cheese, that I catually feel better without the glass of wine and that I do like shopping for clothes after all.
    k9
    x

20. idaj

idaj Fair-haired pixie

Things I've learnt:

• That doing something for myself (eg losing weight) really makes me feel worth something
    • That 'diet' food doesn't have to be boring - and that unhealthy food isn't necessarily yummy
    • Food is not a drug, but self-confidence can work wonders
    • That people (esp my boy) get REALLY tired of hearing about diets :rolleyes:
    • That my ferret is obese - he has a BMI of 36! ;)

21. Mochaj

Mochaj Gold Member

Diet:
    CD
    LOL at your ferret :D

I also like the one about confidence working wonders :)

22. Aurora

Aurora Full Member

That I CAN lose weight despite having hypothyroidism.

All other diets had failed, despite my sticking to them.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.