What I'm looking forward to about losing weight..

pinkcupcake106

Know this has probably been done before but thought it would be nice to have a list of things that'll be fab when we lose weight, am hoping we can use it to look back on for motivation.

I am looking forward to..

-My clothes not leaving a horrible red line around my middle.
-Feeling confident.
-Feeling more active.
-Finding things like painting my toes easier, lol!!
-Choosing an outfit because I like it not just cause it fits.
-Not panicking that I've got to lose weight before every holiday/event etc just looking forward to it.
-Not having the fact I need to lose weight hanging over my head.
-Being able to buy knee high boots easily that fit.

Xxx

I'm with you on the knee high boots thing...I have never owned a pair of non stretch knee high boots and I glare longingly at them in the shops this time of year.....I can't wait to get a pair.

Good luck on your journey.

Skinny jeans!!!!! Oh I so so so wish, hope, pray!

What I liked most was being able to express my personality through my clothes for the first time ever, Although wearing knee high boots and fitting into a hotel bath robe were also big highlights!

For me it's being smaller than my boy friend who annoying seems to be able to eat and eat and eat and stays slim!!!!

Ooo - good one CheekyChick. Weighing less than my hubby for the first time ever was a huge one for me too.

Ooo - good one CheekyChick. Weighing less than my hubby for the first time ever was a huge one for me too.

I've got a long way to go but hopefully one day! Did you have a diary back in the beginning when you lost your weight? It would be really interesting to read....

Yep - I've just started writing to it again so it won't be too far down in the diary forum. Called something like 'Weasey's journey to size 10'. I also have a diary type thing in the maintenance forum.

Thanks ill have a look :)

I have 2 daughters who are 10 and almost 8. I would love them to love how I dress and be proud of their mum especially as those teenage years approach :family2:

I've just added to your list pinkcupcake because I'd like pretty much the same as you!

I am looking forward to..

-My clothes not leaving a horrible red line around my middle.
-getting rid of my 'donut' that's evident in tighter tops!
-Feeling confident.
-Feeling more active/generally feeling healthier
-Finding things like painting my toes easier, lol!!
-Choosing an outfit because I like it not just cause it fits.
-Not panicking that I've got to lose weight before every holiday/event etc just looking forward to it.
-Not having the fact I need to lose weight hanging over my head.
-Being able to buy knee high boots easily that fit.
-Being able to wear skinny jeans that look like skinny jeans not the penguin man from batman lol!
-feel sexier in the bedroom (tmi-sorry)

Great thread.......... I'm looking forward to...

not having the inside thigh chafing.....
being healthier and not getting sweaty and out of breath when walking.......
being able to buy clothes because they're nice, at the moment I resent buying clothes in my size.......
gaining the confidence in myself, this always reduces when I'm heavier.

Ladies - just wanted to share about the boots thing - I got out the knee highs yesterday, previously the little elastic bit at the side was stretched to capacity and beyond and I could almost do up the zip after a few years of softening the leather, but always had to wear a skirt longer than the top of the boots as the rest of my leg was spilling over... you get the picture! Yesterday, I kid you not, just to show how doable this is - they did up and I got my entire forearm down the side too :).

My aim at the start was to get into a Primark 18, so I could get a new wardrobe every month! I now fit very happily into their size 14 jeans. It's fabulous life changing stuff you're all doing - dream big and watch them come true :)

Hi Noodles - good to see you and to hear that things are going well!

Please don't take offence Noodles but it's lovely hearing from an Old Timer:):)-you know what I mean-someone who has gone through this journey so successfully as opposed to being old.I've read your contributions to this forum and you're a total inspiration!

Oh and I really can't wait for the boots zipping up.I am going to treat myself to a very expensive pair when( not if) I get to goal. I'm also looking forward to fitting into the tiny skinny jeans that I fit this fat ass into 3 years ago.

No offence taken :) I'm feeling like an old timer (imminent birthday!) and it's not far off a year since I began my vlcd journey. I've been away from the forums for a while, didn't feel able to contribute so much when off plan over the summer, but what I can say is that it is entirely lifechanging and still continues to be! I've made a whole load of errors over the summer with my eating, but have also been able to learn a lot from it after following S&S. I'm following Weasey's path at the moment and working on my fitness (*waves at Weasey*) for a little while - I've got a major op in the pipeline so now I've lost my weight (note to self - sort the signature out!) I need to work on the fitness to get back on my feet soonist afterwards.

(And it's lovely to be remembered - thanks :) )

Hope the op goes well Noodles.

Can I change this from 'What I'm looking forward to' to 'What I'm really enjoying right now' about losing weight??!!

I'm not quite at goal weight yet so I am still looking forward to that

What I'm enjoying now is:

No inner thigh chafing - AT LONG LAST!! No need for bike shorts under skirts anymore!
Feeling really good about myself and how I look
LOVING looking at myself in the mirror
Having a mostly flat stomach
Trying on my 'old' clothes that now fit me, only to find the shape doesn't suit me (toss it out) or they're TOO BIG! (toss it out)
Selling 100kgs of clothes that no longer fit me!! woohooooooo! That was a good moment
Feeling like I'm me again, and seeing what I expect to see in the mirror rather than someone who's quite overweight
Peoples reactions when they see me
Actually accomplishing this rather than seeing a result, then putting weight on, then seeing a result, then putting weight on

And the list continues. Best part is, I'm not at goal and have already reached so many goals! It's such a great feeling!!

Keep on looking forward to those goals ladies, cos you'll have reached them in no time (sooner than you expect if you're anything like me!)

I'm really really looking forward to all of the above & also not having to worry about my double(triple!) chins in photos along with saying goodbye to my spare tyres, lol! X

Good luck with the op Noodles...and subsequently getting your fitness in order.

Joyous one-your list is brilliant!!!!Love it:)

There's just so much to look forward to-just having a browse and there's a thread that asks is this diet bad for you?
Surely we can all vouch for the fact that it's worse to stay fat and unhealthy and that's what I'm really looking forward to-being healthy.

Back