What I'm looking forward to.....

prettypink

I thought it might be a good idea to write what we are looking forward to when we lose a bit of weight! Not necessarily the whole lot but can be if we want.

Here's my list (for now).

• Looking in the mirror and seeing 1 chin instead of 2.
  • Being able to close my trousers without a huge struggle (and not having to open them again after I eat :eek:)
  • Not having a muffin top, spare tire (s)!
  • Not worrying about people commenting on how much weight I have put on.
  • Being able to walk up and down stairs without getting out of breath (even one flight does it to me!)
  • Not having creaky knees from all the weight
  • Hopefully not sweating as much in the heat
  • Feeling good about myself
I'm sure I'll add to this list as time goes on!!

What are you looking forward to?

Nice post and I can assure you all these things will come to pass. Just looking at your list I can tell you that for me:
  • Looking in the mirror and seeing 1 chin instead of 2.
  • I now see a face that I last saw at least 15 yrs ago( maybe a few more lines)
  • Not having a muffin top, spare tire (s)!
  • All the curves are in the right places now!
  • Not worrying about people commenting on how much weight I have put on.
  • Instead I'm just so embarrassed at all the comments on how good I look.
  • Being able to walk up and down stairs without getting out of breath (even one flight does it to me!)
  • Just point me at em. I'm a bundle of energy now both from the weightloss and the proper foods on GL.
  • Not having creaky knees from all the weight
  • My knees think they have died and gone to heaven. Bless em!!
  • Feeling good about myself
  • It is unbelievable how my confidence has been restored. Losing this weight has been the best thing I could have done for myself.
So, newbies or browsers it is so worth the effort to get to a healthy weight and regain the old you.
Keep at it, you will be proud of your achievements.

Thanks Molly for posting your replies, I'm sitting here at my desk with a big smile on my face having read them :). Looking forward to being able to write the same things sometime in the future!

Not flinching when I catch a glimpse of my reflection in shop windows.

Not having to think of myself as "the fat one" in the family.

Being able to fit back into my pre-children clothes.

And the biggie - not worrying about transferring my own bad attitude towards food to my daughter. I really want her to have a healthy relationship with food, and she won't be able to if all she can remember is her mum being on a constant diet and bemoaning the fact that she looks like a heffalump

I'm with you on the first two! I don't have children but I totally understand what you mean about transferring habits and children pick up so easily on what we say, so here's to saying about a healthy GL lifestyle, fantastic food and not a diet in sight!!

Back