What is quark?

belle2011

Sorry I wasnt sure where else to post this, but I have noticed alot of people on here talking about using something called Quark thats syn free?

What is it? fresh/frozen/liquid?? Where do I get it from?

Sorry to sound dim but wanted to make the slimming world quiche and the simple cheesecake but need this ingredient to go in it!

Thanks x

It's cream cheese but made with skimmed milk so syn free. You'll find it in the fridges near things like marscapone and feta cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

belle2011 said:
Super thanks so much! Do most super markets stock it? Does it come in a tub like cottage cheese does?

Yes all of them do. Either their own brand or another. In Tesco or ASDA it's packages like a yoghurt. Plastic tub with a foil lid. I think in Sainsburys it has a plastic lid too. It is hard to find as it's not where you think it would be - with the Philly etc.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think it is very similar to fromage frais. It can be quite thick so often best thinned down with some milk.

I absolutely hate quark as a substitute for cheese - too yoghurty! But get a few tubs for cooking with and its game on. Ive made so much with quark now...syn free korma...1/2 syn rasberry rolade (FOR WHOLE THING!) etc etc always worth having in the fridge to make those syn free meals a bit creamier and taste a bit more fattening but still be free :)

I absolutely hate quark as a substitute for cheese - too yoghurty! But get a few tubs for cooking with and its game on. Ive made so much with quark now...syn free korma...1/2 syn rasberry rolade (FOR WHOLE THING!) etc etc always worth having in the fridge to make those syn free meals a bit creamier and taste a bit more fattening but still be free :)

1/2 syn rasberry rolade recipe please :)

I was also wondering what it was, until I just bought it from Tescos tonight. 80 odd pence for a tub. Bargain! Just had it with sweetner and bananas with my Healthy extra b choc cerial bar crumbled over it. Yummm :)

I was also wondering what it was, until I just bought it from Tescos tonight. 80 odd pence for a tub. Bargain! Just had it with sweetner and bananas with my Healthy extra b choc cerial bar crumbled over it. Yummm :)

It's only 70p at Asda ;)

It's lovely with a white choc options stirred through! Add a few raspberries and it's like having a very filling raspberry and white choc mousse.... mmmm x

I add a tablespoon of pesto (3 syns I think?) to quark to make a pasta sauce, tastes really indulgent & very yummy!!

Back