What is scan bran

daisydoodoo

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I noticed something called scan bran in my book. I meant to ask at my WI tonight what it was but forgot:eek: x

It is a bit like ryvita and you can buy it in health shops like Holland & Barrett.

It takes a bit of getting used to.

Irene xx

It tastes abit like loft insulation! You'll either love it or hate it!

I agree, although tend to think of it like corrugated cardboard! I dont like it just as a crispbread, but you can make it into cake and other things and its completely different.

lmao, eating loft insulation of corrugated cardboard just dosen't really do it for me:eek::eek: I might just stick with ryvita :D

They are useful as they are only half a syn each, they do take some getting used to. I like them spread with laughing cow and then put some raspberries on the top (in the summer!). They are a little better toasted too.
Ryvita win hands down but sometimes scan can satisfy when you don't have many syns left!!!

I'll probably give them a try , if I can find them in the shops . You don't know till you try , i just might love em :p

My rabbit likes them :eek: I tried one and thought it was disgusting. But it's GREAT for making things with. There are a bunch of scan bran recipes - cake, ferrero rocher, etc. I think it comes into it's own then.

I've never tried it toasted. That's a good idea. I'll try toasting some and give it one more chance. ;)

Back