What is wrong with me, doing so well & now I've hit a brick wall...

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I managed to lose 8.5lbs in January which I'm chuffed about but the last week I've just been eating rubbish & I can't get back into the 'right' frame of mind.

It started last week with a cheesecake (in the end I ate it all), chips, chocolate etc etc

I really do want to lose weight, I enjoy SW & I'm losing so why on earth can't I do it.

I know exactly what I should be doing & know it does work but still I scoff & scoff & scoff...

WI tomorrow & I'm sure I've put on half of what I lost in January, why do I go & undo all my hard work...& what to do to jump back on the wagon...

I'm exactly the same - lost 7.5lb in January then this past week I've just been eating rubbish and don't even know why! My meals are all healthy cos I plan my week of meals ahead, but it's the snacking on rubbish in between that has let ne down.

We know how to do it and just need to get back in track. I find it easier once I've had one or two good days so we'll just have to take it one day at a time. Just remember you're not alone!

:)

I used to have stages like that, in the end I found a way round it was to plan for such times. I would make lots of syn-free meals and freeze them, so if I was ravenous, I'd whack one of those in the microwave before starting on the syns. I'd also make a scan-bran cake and then have some quirty cream. Felt very indulgent, but the scan bran made it really filling, and the cream made it feel naughty. I would also keep my syns low-ish (about 7-8 a day) during the week, so if I wanted a bit more of a pig out, I could do so without blowing my week completely.

Most people are going to have done something very similar, but the key is identifying what you can do to try and stop it happening again, or minimising the damage. This whole dieting lark is a learning curve, and it's not just how to eat well, it's also how to treat ourselves when we want one without reverting to our old habits!

You've done really well and this week is just a blip - it's only one week out of the rest of your life, a mere drop in the ocean!

Thanks so much Jenny - I'm going to give myself a good talking to tonight & maybe a gain would knock some sense into me.

I think it's because I can't see any difference yet so get fed up...X

Hey Big Bear sorry to hear that your feeling down, its hard to stay on track, but if you can you will see the difference soon. Good luck, Boo xx

All those foods you binged on have low syn alternatives. I know it's not the same but if you had a big plate of SW chips, a bar of chocolate (synned) and a cheesecake made with alpen bars, sweetened quark and fresh fruit...you'd be stuffed, sated and near enough syn free!

It's just about making the right choices. My binge would be crisps and white bread, so I don't even allow myself one packet and I won't have white bread in the house.

Do you have a slippery slope food?

Back