what is your cut off point when you know its time to be careful?

jfc

Silver Member
My mistake last time at goal was not setting myself boundaries. My mum weighs 8 stone 6 but if she creeps up to 9 stone (shes only 5ft 2) she immediately takes measures and cuts down until shes back at 8.6....

I allowed myself to gain 4 stone, which is ridiculous. If only I had gained the first one and then took action I wouldnt ever have got myself into this state again.

I am going down again and happy with the way its coming off but I really have to put some proper guidelines in place to stop this becoming a regular occurence every 9 months.

Once a week weigh ins are essential in fat gain limitation.

A plan of what to do if boundary is reached...eg my mum has just fruit and veg for a couple of days...

I have to be more in charge of my health and weight, I cant just leave it until my weight gain is apparent to the whole world...its too late then and a massive struggle to get it off again.

The trouble is when gaining only a small bit you look ok some even say better and then you convince yourself you look fine, chuck the scales away and eat everything in site!

anyone else have boundarys?

Hi
I think it's very wise to have a boundry which you refuse to pass. I've never done that before ... that's how I became 12st overweight!!

Taking the best part of a year to get to goal is the price I have to pay for letting it get to that situation before taking action. I never want to have to spend nine months plus on an abstinance diet again.

To avoid that, I'll have to set myself a boundry and never allow myself to take my eye off the ball. That means regular weigh-ins and keeping a relaxed but watchful eye on what I eat.

I think I'll probably set my boundry at 7lb max above my 'happy weight'.

Mine is 7lbs above and 3lbs below my current weight.

I think it's really important to have these boundaries if you have had a weight problem in the past.

Dreading to think what I'm going to way after my 2 weeks holiday :eek:

Back