What is your exercise routine?

louale

Silver Member
Hiya all,

Getting a bit board of doing the same routine each day and was wondering what your exercise routine was and for how long you exercised?

I'm currently doing RC & Nolan DVD, 1 warm up, fat burner, then 2 of the other 10 min tonning ones, so about 30 mins. Getting a bit board with it now, so maybe need to make up my own routines or get some other dvds.

Does anyone fave a wii fit? If so, do you use that as your routine? Just wondering if it really is an effective was to exercise, or whether it's more of a game/fun thing to do.

Louale x

Hi Louale

I have only just started following RC diet at home. I love using my Wii Fit because I can do the free jogging or step while the kids are watching TV. I'm very unfit so have just started with doing half and hour a day, divided between the jogging and step.

I don't seem to find time to do the DVDs as I have two young children at home and don't feel like doing them in the evenings - where as I can do the free jog or step while I'm watching TV at night if I don't get chance during the day.

Hi Louale

I have only just started following RC diet at home. I love using my Wii Fit because I can do the free jogging or step while the kids are watching TV. I'm very unfit so have just started with doing half and hour a day, divided between the jogging and step.

I don't seem to find time to do the DVDs as I have two young children at home and don't feel like doing them in the evenings - where as I can do the free jog or step while I'm watching TV at night if I don't get chance during the day.

Hiya,

You sound just like me, I have two little ones, one at nursery and one at home.

I was thinking of getting a Wii fit, but since I don't have the whole things, I've really got to make it worthwhile spending £300 odd pounds.

Is it possible to use it without having to put your weight in the system, I'd love to get one, but don't really want my DH seeing how much I weigh - I know that sounds mad! LOL!

Really want one now.

Louale x

To be perfectly honest, wii fit is for fun, not serious exercise...in my humble...you're better off buying a gym membership for a year for that price and seriously shifting the pounds and toning up...

My exercise regime is pretty tough as I have been doing it since April and am almost at my goal weight (unless I seriously take up some gruelling sport like triathlon or rowing or even get into figure competitions) but I have lost two dress sizes and gained some noticeably toned and defined muscle as well as a whole new level of fitness. I am in what is termed a cutting phase (to get more muscle definition) and am trying to lose up to a stone of fat. So I am in effect experimenting with my physique and it has been fun, enlightening and a challenge.

I am a gym rat: I go to the gym Mon to Fri. Rest days are Sat and Sun. I change my routine every couple of weeks as I get bored and so does my body. It likes to be pushed and I enjoy trying new things. I don't do fitness DVDs (apart from Callanetics on Sun) as I have a personal trainer who pushes me even harder for an hour a week on Tues. So here it is:
Mon - Gym 11.30 warm up with dynamic stretches (lunges, squats, arm circles, side bends, ankle rotations, trunk twists, etc) and 5 minutes of 4 miler per hour walking on 10% incline. Hit the weights (have been doing circuits and am doing 3 circuits 3 times per week at the moment) Spin class 12.30 for 45 minutes. Cool down with static stretches.
Tues - Gym 10 a.m. warm up, do some weights and then spend an hour with personal trainer doing combo of HIIT, circuits, plyometrics, core stability work and free weights. Cool down with static stretches.
Weds - Gym 9.30 a.m. straight to spin class for 45 minutes (the cycle there is usually warm up enough) Cool down static stretches. Hit the weights (either two body part spilt or circuits which covers whole body)
Thurs - gym 9.30 a.m. Warm up, do weights and then 30 minutes split cardio (bike, rower, treadmill) some HIIT thrown in for about 10 minutes max. Cool down.
Fri - gym 11.30 a.m. Warm up, weights, then spin class for 45 mins. Cool down.

I eat high protein and low fat (eating only good oils like hemp, olive and nuts and seeds), low carb at the moment (no cakes, no biscuits, no white flour or sweets at all). Have not lost anything for ages, but am seeing a change in tone, etc. I supplement with protein shakes and bars some weeks and sometimes cycle back to complete meal replacements (which you can buy in large 2kg tubs that last 10 days to two weeks depending on whether I have 3 or 4 per day) for a few weeks.

By the way I am a student (OU) and a single mom, if anyone is wondering where I find the time. This pattern will all change once I get a teaching post or interim part time, school term time friendly job. Am I trying to justify myself here? I do that a lot, sorry!

Wow Nexangelus sounds like you're a serious fitness person! Well done on all your acheivements you've certainly put some work in!

I'm afraid I'm still unfit with three stones to lose so I find my Wii Fit great for my needs. - You're right though it's definitely not for serious fitness training! I already had the console so only had to fork out for the Wii Fit part, which my whole family love to use so it's kind of worth it for me.

I just do about 30 mins step / jogging a day which for me at the moment is enough to get my heart rate up and make me slightly out of breath which RC advises you should do 3-5 times a week to help burn fat. As I hopefully get fitter I will increase it.

Louale I don't know what your fitness level is but have you tried walking? I used to go in the evenings with a friend and as long as you keep the pace up I found it really made a difference to my weight loss. Every bit helps I reckon!

Hi

Thanks for that.

I try to do 30 mins a day with the Rosemary Conley DVD, and just about manage to do this.

I'm on maternity leave at the moment, but go back to work in 3 weeks time, so planning to walk back from work 3 times a week, which is about 2 miles, so that should help.

I move/run about quite a bit as I have 2 little ones, but this is all a great improvement on what I previously did, so little by little, I'm trying to increase my fitness.

Wow Nex - you sound like you've really got your routine sorted, you've done so so well!

Louale x

Hiya

My fitness routine is below. You sound like you are making a good start on the exercise. Enjoy it - that is important!

Mon - Walk to work 2.5 miles
RC exercise class (45 mins in the gym if I don't get to RC)

Tues - Walk to work 2.5 miles
45 mins in the gym

Weds - Walk to work 2.5 miles
Hips, Bums & Tums 1800-1900
Aqua fit - 1900-1945

Thurs/Fri - sometimes 45 mins in the gym/sometimes not depends on
other plans

Sat/sun - sometimes 45 mins in the gym/swimming - sometimes not depends on other plans

There are slight variations each week!

Kat

If you are still carrying excess weight then you just work at your pace and for as long as you can, small steps...I have worked my way to where I am since April, it's been a long, hard slog from fat and unfit to slim and semi-fit, but it has been fun, and the stuff I have learnt about myself and others in the process is half the joy!

My routine has changed (training for the tri next Wednesday so WAY MORE cardio than usual and my personal trainer is doing cardio and strength based circuits with me as well as core stability work) but I vary what I do every four weeks as the body tends to learn the pattern and not feel a challenge...bodies like to be challenged!

Back