What is your favourite film ??

fillymum

synful soul
This thread is inspired by Sian's Sound of Music thread.

My all time favourite and there are several I really enjoy and find worthy of more than one viewing is, The Blues Brothers. I have watched it in excess of 20 times.

What is your favourite ??

Singing in the Rain is my all time favourite.

I've got lots of other top films, and my top 3 would probably be Cinema Paradiso, The notebook and Muriels Wedding. Or anything by Baz Lurhman

Moulin rouge... Never fails to make me cry.
Closely followed by quite a few others but labyrinth springs to mind-amazing childhood memories... "you remind me of the babe"

Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle stop Cafe.

Grease, The Sound of Music, The Commitments, Mamma Mia, The Blues Brothers off the top of my head but also stuff like the Usual Suspects, Goodfellas and other slightly less cheesy offerings!

Films in general... I love watching films.

Sound of music though... you just can't beat it, speshally at this time of year.

Although my Ipod just played Grease Lightning at me, so I might have to watch that now!

xx

The Green mile and Forest Gump for "modern films" ( seems I have a liking for Tom Hanks... how strange I never realised before.. ) and fav "old film" has to be White christmas..

Casablanca. For my lovely Christmas Day on my own, I watched it with quite a lot of wine and some chocolate. Bliss!!

Actually it was on twice over the last week, but I only watched it once. After all, I have seen it so many times that I can recite almost all the script from memory!!

Amelie
The truth about cats & dogs

I hadn't realised how many times I've watched these two movies in particular until I started quoting them! I guess that makes them favourites, though there are others.

Sound of Music!!!!!! Haha! Nobody would have guessed would they Sue?! ;)

I've also developed a bit of an obsession with The Horse Whisperer...but let's not go into that one! :eek: xxx

Gosh, that must be this years first big surprise lol !!!!

The Princess Bride
Gross Point Blank
The Secretary - I wouldn't watch this with my kids (even though they are both over eighteen!) but I think it's a beautiful love story. Although, come to think about it, I probably wouldn't watch this with my parents as well!

The Secretary - I wouldn't watch this with my kids (even though they are both over eighteen!) but I think it's a beautiful love story. Although, come to think about it, I probably wouldn't watch this with my parents as well!

pmsl!!! i wouldn't watch it with my parents either - they'd probably both have heart attacks!

i'm more of a mary poppins than sound of music kinda gal lol and watched its a wonderful life for the 1st time on xmas eve, awww lol xx

Back