what is your favourite quote

Aaleigha

soon to be mother of the bride
I found this one the other day and love it
thought I would share it with you

you are too smart to be the only thing standing in your way (sorry I have forgotten who said it)

I have loads but this is one of my top ten...its by C.S.Lewis

“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.”

"I never kept up with the fashions. I believed in wearing what I thought looked good on me." - Bettie Page

As someone who has always felt left out at not being able to shop in Top Shop or River Island when my friends could, this quote and discovering vintage/pin-up/rockabilly clothing changed my whole outlook.

Well my bf has just said this topic is about your favourite quote, not favourite 50 quotes!! Lol. So I'll give my top fave...well my two top faves!!!

"You are a child of the universe - no less than the trees and the stars you have a right to be here and whether or not it is clear to you no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with god, whatever you conceive him to be and whatever your labours and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all it's sham, drudgery and broken dreams it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful, strive to be happy" (Max Ehrmann)

"It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishment the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul" (William Ernest Henley).

I loooooove both but have a tattoo based on the first. It's my mantra really.

my all time favourite quote as it helped me through being bullied because I'm not exactly smart and helped me realise that that didn't matter because I'm a genus at makeup not math :D “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” by albert einstein

Back