What is your number 1 favourite meal

Now i've got even more recipies to add to my must try list lol.

I do a really easy yummy chicken pasta, free on extra easy. Its so simple most people probably already do their own version, just thought I'd share mine.

Ingredients: (as much as you need/want of each)

Chicken breast diced
Pasta (any)
garlic salt
Chicken knorr stock cube
Passata
Onion
Mushrooms

Method

Put pasta in seperate saucepan and begin cooking. Brown chicken in fry light, once browned add chopped onion and mushrooms and a splash of water with 1 knorr chicken stock cube and a sprinkle of garlic salt. Cook off for a couple of minutes for chicken to absorb flavours then add the passata and simmer until pasta is cooked.

Sometimes if I can't be bothered to use 2 pans I cook the chicken as above then instead of adding just a splash of water I add about 700ml of chicken stock at the same time as the passata and cook the pasta in the same pan and simmer until water has reduced to a nice consistancy and the pasta is cooked.

I would love to try the chicken curry recipes but I live the states and can't find passata. Can I use an alternative that is syn free?:confused:

chopped tomatoes? just blitz them in a blender....

Hunters chicken - chicken breast wrapped in bacon with a HEA of cheddar melted on top all smothered in lots of syn free BBQ sauce - soooooo yummy and real comfort food!

Just to report I've made a batch of the BBQ sauce and it's so lovely thankyou !!

I made a huge batch of it at the weekend and now have about 20 bags of the stuff in my freezer - love it with chicken, roasted veg, as a dip, over chips - mmmmm!!!

I was going to say my Egg Fried rice but someone has posted the recipe. I make my own slant on it and add lots of chilli (I think I'm slightly addicted to chilli, I'm putting it in everything, lol). It's delicious.

Passata is just sieved tomatoes. You could use tinned tomatoes whizzed up in liquidiser to give same consistency.
Hope this helps & enjoy the recipes. :)

Mine is Britmums carbonara not a creamy sauce in sight, which is the correct way according to Rick Stein on a tour of Italy :D. I really don't like creamy sauces so this is perfect.

Spaghetti Carbonara | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes#

Mind there are so many great sw recipes picking one was quite hard.

The paprika chicken on the same site is the family favourite.

Paprika Chicken Casserole | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

Thank you Britmum you single handedly save our family every week :D

Hi everyone

I am going to give slimming world another go after reading these lovely recipes. Reading them has given me some encouragement to move forward instead of feeling sorry for myself.

Thanks

I am so looking forward to going shopping tommorrow,:)

Does any one know a bolognase sauce recipe?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!? ps new to forum x

I fry off an onion and mince, add a tin of chopped tomatoes, some dried herbs (mixed herbs, oregano, basil, whatever you like), beef stock cube, tsp sweetner, s&p, bit of paprika, dash of Worcestershire sauce, sometimes a bit of balsamic. I just chuck things in :) I also grate carrot into mine and add peas sometimes. Simmer for about 20 minutes.

Mushy pea curry, yummy. Strange thing is i don't like mushy peas. I got the recipe off here and blend my peas and tomatoes before adding onions and curry powder. Can't tell there is any mushy peas in it.Tastes just like chip shop curry sauce to me.

Mine is Hunters Chicken too I could eat this everyday, also super speed soup that I got off here makes a massive slow cooker full and I use it for soup, to go on pasta or couscous, made a lasagne with it today and you can spice it up or down and chuck in some meat. (free on green without the meat or EE). I have also made the syn free bbq sauce with soy sauce when I've run out of balsamic, lush, now usually use a mix of both!

Back