What is your number 1 favourite meal

I just love homemade syn free meatballs (mince, onion, herbs) in a sauce of tomatoes, pasata, garlic mushrooms, onions, red pepper and basil served with pasta and syn free potato wedges! Lush!

chicken sprinkled with asda tex mex seasoning wrapped in foil in hot (210) oven for 40 mins ish with sw chips and beans yummy and free

I have lots of favourite 'meals' that I do but a favourite VERY SIMPLE and easy dessert is the quicky cheescake:

quark with 2 white choc options mixed into it - 2 alpen light bars slightly warmed and mashed into a small dish and spread the quark mixture over the top - to me this is JUST LIKE a new york style cheesecake and is ONLY 10 syns for the whole cheesecake or just 4 syns if you use the alpen lights as a heb.

Half of course is 2 syns or 5 syns.

Lovely.

This is on my list of things to try :p

I fry off an onion and mince, add a tin of chopped tomatoes, some dried herbs (mixed herbs, oregano, basil, whatever you like), beef stock cube, tsp sweetner, s&p, bit of paprika, dash of Worcestershire sauce, sometimes a bit of balsamic. I just chuck things in I also grate carrot into mine and add peas sometimes. Simmer for about 20 minutes.

thank you xxxxx

Daft Question, but I take it the options just go in dry for the cheese cake recipe, I think many ladies on here are thinking they get made up like a drink and then mixed into the quark, which would make it really runny

Daft Question, but I take it the options just go in dry for the cheese cake recipe, I think many ladies on here are thinking they get made up like a drink and then mixed into the quark, which would make it really runny

Yes you just stir the powder into the quark.

What the heck is quark I mean I know where find it etc but it always looks revolting x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Chicken Kebabs

4 tbsp Fat Free Natural Yogurt
2 tbsp Schwartz Cajun Seasoning
Tsp lemon juice (jiffy is fine)
Salt and pepper
2 chicken breasts cut into chunks

Marinate the chicken in the above ingredients. Marinate for as long as possible.

Remove the chicken from the marinade and then grill, or cook on a griddle pan sprayed with frylight. Serve with lots of salad and extra light mayo.

I adore SW chips...so easy to prepare and so tasty to eat!!!..yummy..for those green days..:p

What the heck is quark I mean I know where find it etc but it always looks revolting x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Its a fat free soft cheese - so like extra light philadelphia but a little sharper in taste. Its one of those trial and error foods, tastes great in some things but too tangy for me to stand up on its own.
HTHx

Although I still love my hunters chicken, this week we've also been loving tandoori chicken - chicken breasts marinaded in 3/4 big tub of ff yogurt, juice of a whole lemon and tandoori spices, leave to marinade overnight and then grill or oven bake, served with green salad, raitia (other 1/4 of the tub of yogurt, 2 big teaspoons of mint sauce - check syns -, 1 teaspoon each of cumin, tumeric and sweetner, salt and pepper, just mix all together) and asda wm pitta as a HEB - feels like such a treat!

SW Barbecue Sauce is my current fave-
Griddled chick breast on plate, griddled bacon steak ontop,slice HE cheese ontop - pour over syn free Bbq sce - put in oven for 10 mins to heat through - Serve with SW Chips and peas - Heaven on a plate - If you like Harvester Chicken & Bacon stack - U will LOVE this.....

SW Barbecue Sauce is my current fave-
Griddled chick breast on plate, griddled bacon steak ontop,slice HE cheese ontop - pour over syn free Bbq sce - put in oven for 10 mins to heat through - Serve with SW Chips and peas - Heaven on a plate - If you like Harvester Chicken & Bacon stack - U will LOVE this.....

Even my non-SW friends ask for this for dinner when they're coming over!! Syn free BBQ sauce is my meal saver!!! Tried it as a marinade this weekend for pork chops to go on the bbq - its still a winner!!!

HAve another favourite the fakeaway kebab and coleslaw OMG!!!! My OH said that he could eat it everyday!!!! Died and gone to heaven!!

Hidden Vegetable Sauce - Syn Free

I made this for the kids but more so when they had fads of not eating veg, but I have adapted it so that I can still eat it syn free.

This will make approximately 800ml (1.5pints)

Fry Light
1 small onion, peeled & chopped
1 Clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
75g carrots, peeled & chopped
75g courgettes, trimmed & chopped
75g button mushrooms, wiped & chopped
Quarter of a red pepper, de-seeded & chopped.
400g can chopped tomatoes
100ml Vegetable stock
1/4 tsp sweetener (add to stock)
1 tbsp fresh torn Basil leaves or 1tsp dried (add to stock)
Black pepper

Heat your Fry Light in a saucepan
Add the onion & garlic & sauté for about 3 mins
Add the carrots and sauté for 4-5 mins.
Add the courgettes & sauté for 2 mins, followed by the mushrooms, sautéing for 2 mins.
Pour in the tomatoes.
Finally add the stock, sweetener & basil.
Season with the pepper.
Cover with lid & cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
Blend to a puree.

Freezes well too.

Back