What is your number 1 favourite meal

CHICKEN CAKE !!!

love all the recipes great to have some inspiration.

Diet Coke Chicken

My favourite at the moment

Diet Coke Chicken

Chicken Breasts
Onions
Mushrooms
Garlic
Sweetcorn
Can Diet Coke
Splash of Worcester Sauce
Pinch of Chinese Five Spice
Tin of Chopped Tomatoes or Carton of Passatta

Fry the Chicken, Onions, Mushroom and Garlic in fry light.

Mix all the other ingredients together. Once the chicken mixture is done, pour over the sauce and simmer for about 30 minutes. During this time the sauce will thicken and become a little sticky.

When its ready you can either mix in some already cooked noodles. Or its also nice with Rice, or Potatoes and veg.

Totally syn free on EE.

Enjoy:)

CHICKEN CAKE !!!

Just found the recipe for the Chicken Cake Laurie, looks delicious will be giving that one a try this week ty x

Just found the recipe for the Chicken Cake Laurie, looks delicious will be giving that one a try this week ty x

Please share recipe for chicken cake - sounds oddly amazing :) xx

Please share recipe for chicken cake - sounds oddly amazing :) xx

Laurie's recipe for Chicken Cake

Chicken Cake

Ingredients
4 Skinless chicken breasts (skin and all fat removed)
8 Morrisons eat smart pork sausages
3 Babybel lights
6 Rashers of bacon (all fat removed)

Method
1- Spray some fry light in a square/rectangular oven proof dish
2-Slice 2 chicken breasts in small slithers and layer the bottom of the dish.
3- Remove the skin from the sausages (I just slid my knife along and skin came off easily)
4-Break the sausage meat up into little blobs and layer it over the chicken.
5-Slice the Babybel up small and lay randomly on top of the sausage meat.
6-Using a potato masher push the cheese into the sausage meat.
7-Slice the remaining 2 chicken breasts in slithers and place over the cheese/sausage meat.
8-Top with the bacon
9-Cover with tin foil and cook at 200 for 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
10-Half hour before cooked, remove the tin foil. You will have liquid from the chicken, pour this away and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.

It does sound amazing going to try it this week xx

I have lots of favourite 'meals' that I do but a favourite VERY SIMPLE and easy dessert is the quicky cheescake:

quark with 2 white choc options mixed into it - 2 alpen light bars slightly warmed and mashed into a small dish and spread the quark mixture over the top - to me this is JUST LIKE a new york style cheesecake and is ONLY 10 syns for the whole cheesecake or just 4 syns if you use the alpen lights as a heb.

Half of course is 2 syns or 5 syns.

Lovely.

How much quark do you use?

I only joined SW on Monday and have been struggling a bit finding tasty foods to eat. But tonight, I had made a super tasty meal - baked canneloni from SW's website. Here is the link to the recipe (members only) and for those without a login here's the recipe copied pasted:

Serves: 4
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Syns per serving:
bullet-amazing-support.gif
bullet-root.gif
bullet-healthy-eating.gif

Ingredients

8 cannelloni tubes
A few basil leaves, torn
2 level tbsps grated Parmesan cheese

for the Filling:
227g/8oz fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
227g/8oz fat-free natural cottage cheese
freshly grated nutmeg
1 egg yolk
salt and ground black pepper

for the Sauce:
426ml/¾pt passata
pinch of sugar
1 garlic clove, crushed
salt and ground black pepper

1. To make the filling put the spinach in a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with a lid and cook very gently over a low heat for about 5 minutes, until the leaves are limp and bright green. Drain in a colander, pressing down on top of the spinach with a saucer to squeeze out all the liquid.
2. Chop the spinach and mix with the cottage cheese, nutmeg, egg yolk and seasoning. Spoon the filling into the cannelloni tubes and arrange them in an ovenproof dish.
3. Mix the passata, sugar, garlic and seasoning together and pour over the cannelloni. Sprinkle with basil and Parmesan cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 200C°/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for about 20 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown.

I found the passata quite tangy and bitter, so I think I may use chopped tomatoes next time, plus the pasta wasn't as sloppy as I usually like canelloni, so maybe would leave it in an extra 10 minutes.

has to be SW Syn Free Chips!!

Been on SW for 4 Days now... had a massive craving for a magnum mini at 10pm last night so spent it cooking up these babies and they were lust!

I think without them i wouldnt be able to to slimming world! :)

has to be SW Syn Free Chips!!

Been on SW for 4 Days now... had a massive craving for a magnum mini at 10pm last night so spent it cooking up these babies and they were lust!

I think without them i wouldnt be able to to slimming world! :)
I totally agree with the SW chips, we all love them in my house:D My fav meal is chips, burger and beans or chips salmon and veg:D

My favourite right now is Lily42UK's chunky minestrone soup :gimi::gimi:
Scrumdiddlyumptious doesn't do it justice. Have had two (smallish) bowls of it and looking forward to more later, mm mm mmmmm ;)

My favourite right now is Lily42UK's chunky minestrone soup :gimi::gimi:
Scrumdiddlyumptious doesn't do it justice. Have had two (smallish) bowls of it and looking forward to more later, mm mm mmmmm ;)

Glad you like it hun, now you know why I am so hooked:character0053: on it lol....hmm maybe you'll become a minestrone soup addict like me and we'll have to have our fix every day :rotflmao:

Glad you like it hun, now you know why I am so hooked:character0053: on it lol....hmm maybe you'll become a minestrone soup addict like me and we'll have to have our fix every day :rotflmao:

Oh I can see that happening ;) Going shopping tomorrow and am getting more celery, beans, carrots & onions, Got everything else now, so it's bargainous now too :woohoo: :rotflmao:

Oh I can see that happening ;) Going shopping tomorrow and am getting more celery, beans, carrots & onions, Got everything else now, so it's bargainous now too :woohoo: :rotflmao:

:D I always add my soup ingredients to my shopping list first, as long as I have that I don't care what else comes in the house lol xx ;)
I know what I was going to ask you, so you are getting on ok with there being celery in it....it was you twinkle that said you weren't a fan wasn't it? xx

:D I always add my soup ingredients to my shopping list first, as long as I have that I don't care what else comes in the house lol xx ;)
I know what I was going to ask you, so you are getting on ok with there being celery in it....it was you twinkle that said you weren't a fan wasn't it? xx

Sorry I missed this Lily :eek: Yes 'twas I that said I don't like celery :yuk: and just in case, I tried it again whilst making the soup and it's still :yuk: to me, but it's ok in the soup. I think because it takes on the seasonings quite well. Very glad about that really as I know celery is 'good for you' ;) Still wish I liked it raw :sigh: Ach well ;)
Love the soup btw, did I say that - :rotflmao:

Back