What is your number 1 favourite meal

I love kheema curry :)

Ingredients -
200ml beef stock
1 large onion
3 garlic cloves , crushed
1 tsp finely grated ginger , 1 tsp cumin seeds , 2 tsp medium curry powder , 1-2 tsp chilli flakes OR sliced deseeded green chillis
740g extra lean beef mince
2 tins chopped tomatoes
200 g mushrooms , halved or quartered
2 large carrots , cubed
s & P
200 g sugar snap peas , chopped
handful chopped corrinader

Method -
put chopped onion and beef stock in a heavy based pan , cook over low heat for 15 - 20 mins .
Add all the spices and beef and cook on high heat for 5 mins .

Stir in tomatoes , mushrooms , carrots and bring to the boil . Add Salt and Pepper , cover and simmer on low for 1 - 1.5 hours .

Ten mins before end of cooking time add the sugar snap peas and corrinader .

Serve with rice or veg :D

Great post thanks guys.. will be trying out those lovely recipies this week.. I have just looked on the website and the chocolate mousse sounds nice.. will have to give that one a go too :)

doner kebab is amazing, and quicky cheesecake is gorgeous.

also love the quorn lasagne and beef burgers with melted babybels in the middle with sw chips! so many recipes!

oh and i make chicken and bacon sandwhiches and have them with chips in the evening for a beautiful hot meal, didnt get the recipe off anywhere just do what i think will be nice :) xxxxx

I have lots of favourite 'meals' that I do but a favourite VERY SIMPLE and easy dessert is the quicky cheescake:

quark with 2 white choc options mixed into it - 2 alpen light bars slightly warmed and mashed into a small dish and spread the quark mixture over the top - to me this is JUST LIKE a new york style cheesecake and is ONLY 10 syns for the whole cheesecake or just 4 syns if you use the alpen lights as a heb.

Half of course is 2 syns or 5 syns.

Lovely.

Made this last week and whole family loved it. This week I just made it and topped it with slices of strawberry and then a strawberry sugar free jelly, let it set and yum yum it was fabby. Thanks so much for the recipe

Diet coke chicken with potato wedges, lots of veg, and garlic dip. Followed by quickie cheesecake topped with raspberries. Stuffed now, but worth the cooking time.

Yummy recipes. Will defo be making some of these.
Karenx

On a Green day (Every day for me) One of my Favourites - which is good for Dinner and Lunch - has to be my Chessey veg Rissotto.

Im not a great lover of veg but i try to have aleast a 3rd of my meal as veg and this one is really good for that!
  • Aborio Rissotto rice,
  • Bovril Chicken stock, - free
  • Lots of pepper
  • Any veg you like - i tend to stick to peas, greenbeans and Baby corn but my OH loves veg so he will add anything and everything and always says its lovely
  • Quorn chicken peices if you feel like it needs some meat? - i will more than likely do it without
  • Parmasan cheese
  • Crushed Garlic
Method:

Part cook all the veg - except peas. Fry off any meat or quorn used in frylight.

Warm the rice in a deep frying pan with a sprtiz of frylight. slowly add the stock and pepper every now and again as per your tastes.

When the rice is not quite there throw in the veg and the meat or quorn, add in a little more stock and keep and eye on - as soon as its ready add a nice grating of Parmasan and serve. If you add the Parmasan and keep cooking the rice will become very stodgey. But then everyones tastes are different.

Hope this helps someone :)

Lamb donner kebabs - absolutely gorgeous !! Found the recipe on here - have with a pitta and shred lots of iceberg lettuce and thinly sliced onion and add some garlic sauce and I found some 'kebap' ( is Spelt this way ) sauce in asda- honestly tastes like a kebab shop donner kebab mmmmmm a regular non take away every week in our house A MUST TRY x

I have lots of favourite 'meals' that I do but a favourite VERY SIMPLE and easy dessert is the quicky cheescake:

quark with 2 white choc options mixed into it - 2 alpen light bars slightly warmed and mashed into a small dish and spread the quark mixture over the top - to me this is JUST LIKE a new york style cheesecake and is ONLY 10 syns for the whole cheesecake or just 4 syns if you use the alpen lights as a heb.

Half of course is 2 syns or 5 syns.

Lovely.

Just made this, was lovely, thank you :D

Ratatouille! I do mine in the slowcooker (but could do it on the hob). Sliced aubergene, peppers, garlic, onion and whatever else (try mushrooms or courgettes).

Add seasoning, oregano and tin of tomatoes/puree.

Leave in slowcooker for 4 hours et viola. I make a huge batch and keep in the fridge, because it really makes a quick meal of simple foods. You can serve it with a pork chop, over a jacket, add pasta, grate cheese over top (HEa) and turn into pasta bake, blitz for soup, add couscous for quick micro work lunch. I love it!

Soon2bslimmie said:
I would love to try the chicken curry recipes but I live the states and can't find passata. Can I use an alternative that is syn free?:confused:

Super fresh sells it, they call it sieved tomatoes
I'm in the states too and find it hard to find certain things.
Good luck

Super fresh sells it, they call it sieved tomatoes
I'm in the states too and find it hard to find certain things.
Good luck
You could always stick a tin of tomatoes into a liquidiser and sieve yourself afterwards.

My favourite at the moment is stuffed chicken breast wrapped in lean bacon. Serve with wedges of potato that have been liberally sprinkled with grated parmesan and then roasted. Add a big salad with lots of superfree vegetables.

Mine is definitely the Diet Coke Chicken but I make it with chicken on the bone and just double up all the ingredients and leave it to cook - amazing as my boyfriend loves it and he's a fussy eater :) xxx

Hi I'm new here, where do I find this recipe please? Sounds like it's a winner already! :)

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mis C :)
these are in Slimming World Recipes > Lady A's Nutella Cupcakes
;)

We are fans of the Syn Free BBQ - very tasty!!! We put our quorn sausages in ours and serve with pasta ... a very nice dinner x

Thanks for some great recipe ideas .. will definately be giving some of them a try x

I love the sticky gammon and I serve it with a salad and Linguine as a rule but yesterday I added stir fry veg to the pan and linguine it was delicious:

Sticky Gammon

4 gammon steaks with fat cut off
2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
1tsp smoked Paprika
fry light
2 deseeded chilli’s (or half a tsp of chilli seeds)
Orange zest and half the juice of 1 orange
1 tbsp clear honey
100 ml chicken stock
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
Mixed veg or stir fry veg

Method
Sprinkle 5 spice and paprika over gammon and mix well, leave to stand for about 30 mins for the gamoon to absorb the flavours
Sear the gammon until browned
add rest of ingredients
reduce to sticky sauce
Serve with Pasta of choice and salad

Serves 4
1 syn per serving and very very yummy

xx

Back