What is your number 1 favourite meal

I have made SW Quiche for the first time today and loved it. I put onions, peppers and smoked bacon (trimmed of course) 4 eggs and 500g of cottage cheese. I loved it so much I made a 2nd one for SW meeting in the morning as we are having a bit of a party for Woman of the Year. Should be fun :)

At the moment I'm loving the SW egg fried rice

113g/4oz dried rice
Fry Light, for spraying
1 onion, finely chopped
57g/2oz mushrooms, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
57g/2oz frozen peas
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
2 eggs, beaten

1. Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with Fry Light and cook the onion, mushrooms and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the cooked rice, peas and Worcestershire or soy sauce.
3. Pour the eggs over the mixture and cook over a low heat stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until the egg has set. Serve with a fresh salad or Free vegetables of your choice.

I did this last night and put some strips of bacon in it and it was gorgeous! I'm going to try it in the week and put some prawns in instead. Everyone in the house couldn't get enough. What I normally do is make a big batch of the plain egg fried rice and keep it in a big tupperware box in the fridge and then when I fancy some for lunch or with my dinner I grab a portion to reheat and add whatever I fancy to it. Only problem is my other half keeps sneaking some out of the fridge so there's never any left when I want it lol
just saw this thread,you should not reheat rice as it can give you food poisening if not done hot enough...

Just a simple chicken curry.

I fry onion in fry light and add chopped chicken and garam masala. Once the chicken is sealed i then i add mushrooms and peppers along with a tin of chopped tomato's and some chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.

Seriously i love this and it's completely FREE with boiled rice on EE.

How much chicken stock approx????

I am new to this site and what a fab thread to come across, really think this will
Help slimmers succeed. I love to
Try new things. Just tried the simple cheesecake and was delicious!
Thanks x

Thanks to this thread I have made a batch of the syn free BBQ sauce and a cheesecake :)

Just wanted to share a fave lunch of mine - not a recipe as such though.

Ham and Cheese Rolls
1 HEA grated cheese (I normally use Cathedral City Lighter.. 42g of yumminss)
1/2 mild red onion chopped finely
1tblspn very low fat mayo
3-4 slices lean ham.

Mix the first three together to make a cheese savoury. Lay out the ham flat and pop some of the cheese mix in and roll up. 1/2 syn for the lot!

I have this frequently on red days, and on EE days I make sure I have some fruit straight after to make teh 1/3 superfree.

This is my 5th time back at SW, first 2 times I lost what I needed to and wanted to last 3 just didn't have the motivation!!! I need to do it this time!!!! 10 YR wedding anniversary next year and OH says he's gonna take me abroad!!! All the recipies on here look deeeelish so looks like I'm gonna make it this time

This is one my Mum did last weekend for me to get me on the waggon again - deeeeeeeeeelish

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS...
5 TBSP SWEETNER ...1 TSP BAKING POWDER (1/2 syn)
1 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT OR ESSENCE
STRAWBERRIES SLICED OR ANY FRUIT OF YOUR CHOICE

seperate all the eggs
mix the yolks with 1/2 tub of the quark, baking powder, vanilla extract & 4 tbsp sweetner & whisk

in a seperate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff
then whisk half of the egg white into the other mixture then fold in the rest of the egg whites

bake in oven 180 degrees Gas Mark 4 15-20mins
then leave to cool, mix the 1tsbp sweetner you have left with the other 1/2 of the quark and spread onto the cake, slice your fruit and spread out on the cake then roll into like a swiss roll and there you go!!

If you want put some strawberry slavouring in the quark for the filling, it would be synnable though I think.

I have lots of favourite 'meals' that I do but a favourite VERY SIMPLE and easy dessert is the quicky cheescake:

quark with 2 white choc options mixed into it - 2 alpen light bars slightly warmed and mashed into a small dish and spread the quark mixture over the top - to me this is JUST LIKE a new york style cheesecake and is ONLY 10 syns for the whole cheesecake or just 4 syns if you use the alpen lights as a heb.

Half of course is 2 syns or 5 syns.

Lovely.

Just had this for my pud, was lovely!! well worth the 4 syns!

Fav recipes from a newbie

Hi, apologies if this is the wrong spot or this has been posted before but all these forums seem like a maze and I thought I was quite pc savvy lol :D

Anyway, I thought I would add my favourite recipe so far (only been doing it 2 months). Its a chicken and bacon pate and its AMAZING !! I got it off a Slimming World Bumper pack CD I bought off ebay, a close second and third are the tomato and basil soup and the bolognaise meatloaf. If those are anything to go by I will love trying all the rest !! I have added the recipes, I can highly reccomend:

Chicken and Bacon Pâté

Prep time - 10 mins
Cooking time – 25 mins

Syn Free
Ingredients:-
8oz chicken livers.
1 onion chopped.
1 clove garlic crushed.
1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs.
Salt & black pepper.
4oz bacon chopped.
Tub of very low fat fromage frais.

Method:-
Put onion, garlic & herbs in pan and fry in fry light until the onion is
soft, add liver and cook for about 7 mins. Put everything in blender
and blend until smooth. Add fromage frais a spoonful at a time until
the consistency is the same as shop bought pate.

Bolognaise Style Meatloaf
Serves 4

Free on Original and Extra Easy
454g Lean Minced Beef
Handful of Button Mushrooms cut into quarters
8-10 Rashers of Extra Lean Bacon
½ - 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
1-2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
1 level tbsp Tomato Puree
1 Large Egg, beaten
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 200C
Dry fry the mince, onion, garlic and mushrooms until the mince is
brown and the onions and mushrooms are soft. (drain off any
excess liquid)
Combine all the other ingredients except the egg and mix well.
Gradually add the egg stirring constantly.
Spray a loaf tin with fry light and line with the bacon, firmly press
the mince into the tin.
Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes
Serve with salad

Tomato and Basil Soup

Green Day
500mls passata
1 red onion
1 red pepper
1 clove of garlic
1 pint of veg stock
Seasoning
1 teaspoon of sweetener
Lots of fresh basil (must be fresh)
Fry the onion and pepper gently in Fry light until they are soft. Add
crushed garlic and fry for 1 minute. Add the sweetener, passata
and stock then simmer for about 20 minutes or until it looks a bit
thicker. Add about half a plant of basil. Season well then blend it
until it is smooth. Just before serving, stir in a tablespoon of VLF
natural yoghurt, this makes it really creamy, but it is fine without.

I hope you enjoy !!

My favourite has to be ham & mushroom sw quiche - as we mostly have red days this is perfect to have in the fridge

Hi, apologies if this is the wrong spot or this has been posted before but all these forums seem like a maze and I thought I was quite pc savvy lol :D

Anyway, I thought I would add my favourite recipe so far (only been doing it 2 months). Its a chicken and bacon pate and its AMAZING !! I got it off a Slimming World Bumper pack CD I bought off ebay, a close second and third are the tomato and basil soup and the bolognaise meatloaf. If those are anything to go by I will love trying all the rest !! I have added the recipes, I can highly reccomend:

Chicken and Bacon Pâté

Prep time - 10 mins
Cooking time – 25 mins

Syn Free
8oz chicken livers.
1 onion chopped.
1 clove garlic crushed.
1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs.
Salt & black pepper.
4oz bacon chopped.
Tub of very low fat fromage frais.

Put onion, garlic & herbs in pan and fry in fry light until the onion is
soft, add liver and cook for about 7 mins. Put everything in blender
and blend until smooth. Add fromage frais a spoonful at a time until
the consistency is the same as shop bought pate.

Bolognaise Style Meatloaf
Serves 4

Free on Original and Extra Easy
454g Lean Minced Beef
Handful of Button Mushrooms cut into quarters
8-10 Rashers of Extra Lean Bacon
½ - 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
1-2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
1 level tbsp Tomato Puree
1 Large Egg, beaten
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 200C
Dry fry the mince, onion, garlic and mushrooms until the mince is
brown and the onions and mushrooms are soft. (drain off any
excess liquid)
Combine all the other ingredients except the egg and mix well.
Gradually add the egg stirring constantly.
Spray a loaf tin with fry light and line with the bacon, firmly press
the mince into the tin.
Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes
Serve with salad

Tomato and Basil Soup

Green Day
500mls passata
1 red onion
1 red pepper
1 clove of garlic
1 pint of veg stock
Seasoning
1 teaspoon of sweetener
Lots of fresh basil (must be fresh)
Fry the onion and pepper gently in Fry light until they are soft. Add
crushed garlic and fry for 1 minute. Add the sweetener, passata
and stock then simmer for about 20 minutes or until it looks a bit
thicker. Add about half a plant of basil. Season well then blend it
until it is smooth. Just before serving, stir in a tablespoon of VLF
natural yoghurt, this makes it really creamy, but it is fine without.

I hope you enjoy !!

thank u 4 posting this cant wait to make and try the bol meatloaf

I think it is chilli con carne - with boiled rice - free on Extra Easy (fry onions and garlic and spices in fry light, add mince and courgette and brown off, add tomatoes and finally, near the end, add the can of kidney beans - heat through and serve on mountains of boiled rice - yummm!!)

extra lean beef mince
red kidney beans in chilli sauce
tinned tomatoes
courgette (diced small)
onion (diced small)
garlic (crushed)
chilli powder
cumin
salt and pepper

I love the sticky gammon and I serve it with a salad and Linguine as a rule but yesterday I added stir fry veg to the pan and linguine it was delicious:

Sticky Gammon

4 gammon steaks with fat cut off
2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
1tsp smoked Paprika
fry light
2 deseeded chilli’s (or half a tsp of chilli seeds)
Orange zest and half the juice of 1 orange
1 tbsp clear honey
100 ml chicken stock
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
Mixed veg or stir fry veg

Method
Sprinkle 5 spice and paprika over gammon and mix well, leave to stand for about 30 mins for the gamoon to absorb the flavours
Sear the gammon until browned
add rest of ingredients
reduce to sticky sauce
Serve with Pasta of choice and salad

Serves 4
1 syn per serving and very very yummy

xx

This sounds amazing! I will definately be trying this at some point :)

My favourite is definately SW quiche and is a firm favourite with my boyfriend and 4 year old son as well!

4 eggs
1 tub quark
Bacon
Mushrooms
Onion
Garlic pepper
Salt
Cheese

Beat the eggs together, add the quark and beat until smooth.

Fry the onion, mushrooms and bacon in frylite and add to an oven proof dish.

Cover the bacon mixture with the egg mixture, stir together and add as much or as little garlic pepper and salt as required.

Top with cheese and cook for 20 - 25 mins.

You can add whatever you fancy. I have used ham and bacon on a red day, add sweetcorn, peas, spring onions, peppers - the list is endless and really depends on your taste. The tuna sweetcorn quiche is also good.

This is equally good cold the next day for lunch - if it lasts that long lol!

I might have to make a quiche in a minute after reading this lol....i tried quark in the macaroni cheese recipe but wasnt keen on it so i might just use milk and have it as a healthy extra along with the cheese.
I ve been making veggie curry lately ,mush,onion,broc,carrot,peppers and using a tin of asda chickpea dahl as the base (an old food directory of mine said it was free..hope so!),then just adding some passata ,garlic,abit of curry powder and fresh corriander.....lovely.I make a batch and freeze it x

i love hotpot, especially now the nights are drawing in. Take a casserole dish. Simply layer sliced potatoes, then sliced onions (lots of them) then Tesco Stewed Steak in a tin - a few spoons with each layer. Keep layering and finish with a layer of the potates. Pour over half a pint of boiling water with an oxo or two mixed in. Cook in oven for about 2 hours. Serve with veg.

Back