What is your S&S Signature dish?????

Slinkyson

Gold Member
Ive read many threads here and there on how people spread their packs, protein and veg! so i though it would be good to put them altogether on here!

One of my favourite dishes is the cripsy or plain choc made into a cookie! mix your powder with about 4-5 teaspoons of cold water. mix very well, place onto a small plate, spread the doug out to a cookie shape, pop in the microwave for 30 seconds and walahhh! it comes out warm and gooey like a brownie but if you would want it firmer just place it in the freezer to firm up!

I also love quorn fliiets with chicken flavoured sizzler spinkled on pan fried with muchrooms and gherkins.

I read somewhere that someone grates their cauliflower to look and act like rice!

Little tricks like this help us all, i know theres a sticky about what the meals look like but nothing to give you hints and tips on different things people have tried with the packs etc

When i have the chilli/spag packs I shred 100g of white cabbage cook for 3mins in the micro and stir into the pack. It's like spag bol and gorgeous with a large green salad x x

That sounds lovely, ive just done something similar with cauliflower, i grated 100g and then bold it for 2mins, i used it as a base for my chilli it was quite nice! and seemed to be quite alot, i think the key was having it in a bowl rather than a large plate! will try cabbage though as i do prefer the taste to cauliflower :)

Have always been put off the cauli rice as i don't have a chopper ;) but will have a go now I know you can get the same results by grating it. Lots of people use the cauli in this way. Might have it tomorrow with the cottage pie x x

It was quite nice, im going to try it either tonight or tomorrow again, but this time! microwave it for 30seconds then pan fry it with a little curry powder and add my turkey tikkha, it will be like having something really naught :) yum yum

Tonight I had the cottage pie spooned into flat mushrooms and cooked in oven for 10 mins. Three HUGE mushrooms were 200g. Tasted lovely and really filling!

Anne-Marie that sounds lovely I'm going to try that!

Tonight I had pan fried cauliflower, mushrooms and Bernard Mathews turkey tikka with a little curry powder absolutely lovely, then a vanilla cookie made as above for desert really satisfying ????

A few times since I've started I've cut a courgette into really thin strips which are a bit like noodles - boiled them up in some bouillon, added chilli flakes and then prawns or chicken and it's absolutely delicious! It's kind of like a spicy thai broth I really like it!

I also do the cauli rice which is lovely with the chilli or I made a sort of paella using it with some paprika, prawns and peppers when I made real paella for OH.

I've also had the chilli and the spicy spaghetti studded into a green pepper and baked in the oven which is nice.

Also (lol) boiled some white cabbage leaves, then fill them with cottage pie or chilli (or any of the meals really!) and wrap into little dumplings which are really good. I love love love S&S - the choice is immense!

X

I'm going to make the courgette noodles and cauliflower rice as soon as I start. Gotta feeling I'm going to love this diet!

It is amazing sonia doll you'll love it :)

ohhhh im so going to try that courgette idea! ummmm, i saw someone on here had tried courgettes as crisps i may try that myself sometime i do miss crunching something!

Quick tip: If you have a dehydrator you can make crisps out of most vegetables, so so nice. I need to dig mine out of storage from my raw vegan period haha

Thats a brill idea Lucy, im just trying to think of what veg would taste quite nice made into crisps, perhaps a sprinkle of flavouring and then you could use anything aother than the veg not on the list!

Courgette and curry is a great combination, kale/spinach/other leafy greens and salt (I know I know, sodium caused water retention) etc. I've heard cucumber is actually pretty nice done this way too.... I'm reserving judgement until I've tried though! ;)

Yeah I miss my salt too but curry powder is a good substitute :) what about doing some kind of sweet kale!!!??!! Kinda like seaweed bet that would be nice! But you can only use a tablet form of sweetner which I dont understand I thought powder and tablet form were the same! Maybe vanilla essence or something!

Ohhh tastes buds are going crazy here with ideas haha

Yumy just had a chocolate truffa bar and chopped it into small pieces! It seemed so much more on the plate than it would of I just scoffed it down in 2 mouthfuls lol

Back