What kinds of foods do you guys choose?

Yasmine

One last chance
When it comes to choosing bread or cheese, it's hard to find the right choice that is low in calories and yet filling.

I would love to know what kind of bread,besides weight watchers breads because I think the weight watchers breads are quite ridiculous to be honest, you guys choose.

What cheese do you choose too?

More food choices would be great to know too.

i only buy ww breads - and i havent bought any cheese, trying to avoid it as much as possible - although fromage frais is a sorta cheese innit???

lol

I guess so, I was just wondering if there are any lite/light or low fat versions to try.

Oh and I don't have balsamic vinegar but my dad bought Light Balsamic dressing, which is thicker. Is this ok?

if you go on the ww forum they seem to have laughing cow light cheese triangles a lot, i think they are less ww points than ww own brand. I would make a cauliflower cheese with them, one portion of cauli and 2 cheese triangles mashed up with a potato masher - but i ama weirdo :)

low fat cottage cheese is about as good as it gets though i think.

i just went shopping and saw ww balsamic dressing, tis low in fat so i guess its ok, i bought an asda good for you yogurt and mint salad dressing for my makeshift fajitas tonight - that was yummy

keep up the good work dont be disheartened !!!
pm just starting the refeeding week and will finish my last few week on the maintainance,needed some food in me after nearly 10 weeks haha

Hi Yas!

Just to say I'm not planning on having any cheese whilst on my 2 week refeed. There's no mention of it on the refeed sheet (unless I've missed that too!!) There is a line that says "any of the skimmed milk products" but I'm b******d if I know what that means - apart from skimmed milk of course - so I'll do without - at least for the 2 weeks.

As for bread - I'm having warburtons small wholemeal. WW bread is a bit like cotton wool to me, Healthy Inside bread is good but I haven't been able to get it lately. When I'm maintaining I'll be having Burgens Soya & Linseed which is one of the lowest GL breads you can get other than rye (which I don't like). The only down side of that is they only make large loaves which means i'll only have one slice and there's something far more psychologicaly satisfying about having a whole round of sandwiches on small bread than 1 large slice folded in half!

When I am eating cheese again I'll probably get the laughing cow lights - you can get extra lights but I never used to like them as much. And probably something like Cathedral City light for hard cheese. xx

Last edited:
keep up the good work dont be disheartened !!!
pm just starting the refeeding week and will finish my last few week on the maintainance,needed some food in me after nearly 10 weeks haha
Cheers matey :)

Wow, you've been on LT for 10 weeks and lost that much?! guys are so lucky they lose weight so quickly! lol

How's refeed going for you?

Hi Yas!

Just to say I'm not planning on having any cheese whilst on my 2 week refeed. There's no mention of it on the refeed sheet (unless I've missed that too!!) There is a line that says "any of the skimmed milk products" but I'm b******d if I know what that means - apart from skimmed milk of course - so I'll do without - at least for the 2 weeks.

As for bread - I'm having warburtons small wholemeal. WW bread is a bit like cotton wool to me, Healthy Inside bread is good but I haven't been able to get it lately. When I'm maintaining I'll be having Burgens Soya & Linseed which is one of the lowest GL breads you can get other than rye (which I don't like). The only down side of that is they only make large loaves which means i'll only have one slice and there's something far more psychologicaly satisfying about having a whole round of sandwiches on small bread than 1 large slice folded in half!

When I am eating cheese again I'll probably get the laughing cow lights - you can get extra lights but I never used to like them as much. And probably something like Cathedral City light for hard cheese. xx
I didn't have cheese until week 2 of refeed last time. If we're allowed diary products, I'm sure is too.

But yeah, just to be on the safe side, best to stick to the letter.

JAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Burgens Soya & Linseed

Where the hell can you buy this????
It was constantly advertised when i used to watch The Biggest Loser AU and always thought it was an australian bread not sold here!!!
Please do share the secret hiding place of this bread ... i cant wait to try it!! :drool:

summergurl..all the supermarkets sell that bread..we eat it all the time..its quite expensive at £1 odd a loaf but it does last a long time and i think, far better than white rubbish :)

look for a browny coloured plastic packet..they also do it with cranberries i think but never tried it

h xxx

Ahhh i have never seen it in a supermarket here!!! I will be going on a hunt!!!! :giggle:

just try tescos or something they stock it in dorset/somerset and were not that far away from you lol

or you could even just give your local one a ring or something and ask them, simple as that!

h xx

and it is very scrummy so definately worth trying (cant wait til i can again too)!

h xx

Yep - Tescos, Sainsburys and Asda have it - round here anyway. It's veeeeerrrrry nice but it IS dear about £1.39 I think :eek: xx

hmmm i am a girl on a mission! i am 100% certain i havnt seen it in the sainsburys near me but i will look again when i go!

Guna do my refeed shop in asda so hopefully they have it!

I was just guna go with brown nimble bread for when i do have bread! :D

Apart from the re-feed weeks everyone seems to be sticking to a WW style low carb diet.. Is this correct 'cos that will really suit me when I go on hols?

Back