what made you choose a VLCD?

xNaeNae

Just wondering what everyones reasons were for choosing a VLCD (Cambridge) over other diets such as weight watchers, slimming world etc?

I lost my 8 stone by doing Cambridge weight plan, so just wondering what other people's reasons are :) x

Just wondering what everyones reasons were for choosing a VLCD (Cambridge) over other diets such as weight watchers, slimming world etc?

I lost my 8 stone by doing Cambridge weight plan, so just wondering what other people's reasons are :) x

Similar to yourself . . . .

I lost 6.5 stone in 2012 in 6 months . . . If I were to do slimming world or WW it would have taken me three times the amount of time and I know I just wouldn't stick to it for low losses.

I am thinking of slimming world as a way of life when I have less to go but at the moment I still have around 2 to 2.5 stone to go so I don't like the thought of it taking too long :)

I joined SW last week, mainly for the weekly weigh ins and group support.
I must say, I am finding it incredibly challenging as I am so used to VLCD's.. its been 4 or 5 days since joining SW now, and a couple of these past few days I have still been doing my shakes, and meal replacements.. as I just can't get my head around eating the amount of foods SW recommends for you to eat..
I'm kinda adjusting at the moment x

Mine was through frustration - going to something like slimming world and maybe loosing 3lbs a month this was my last ditch approach before giving in and getting a gastric band like my consultant wanted.

Turns out that Carbs really are not my friend - the one thing I'd never really tried before because carbs are delicious. I'm glad I did end up with Cambridge because the rate at which I'm loosing is really motivating. So much more than loosing the same 2 or 3 lbs over and over again like I used to at slimming world.

I have to admit that I've always been suspicious of meal replacement diets, preferring WW or just trying to eat healthy and exercise. The thing is, whilst I've lost a good few stones by these methods, I tended to burn out after a stone and hit a plateau. It was so easy to slip in to old ways of eating, a bit like gently slipping into a lower gear. Then, a few months later, I'd be avoiding the scales because if I didn't look at them it didn't mean that I'd gained any weight. Denial was certainly not my friend.

My sister had a gastric bypass thingy and, with my biological clock ticking, it was becoming obvious that I needed to do something differently in order to be fit and healthy enough to have a child. The CWP looked like the best option, after googling, fast results - but done in a relatively healthy way. It was my equivalent of placing all my chips on the table and going 'all in'. I kinda figured that a drastic life style change was what I needed - the big thing will be making sure I use the opportunity to reset my relationship with food and my body rather than returning to old patterns. I'm feeling positive about it though :)

I spent the 3 years previous losing the gaining the same stone and at 35 it was time for a drastic change.

Back