What made you choose Cambridge over other vlcds?

Not sure about everyone elses reasons but this is the only diet that would let me do it as im on Warfarin, all the others said no thank you xx

I just copied my friend at work when she told me she had lost 7lb on her first week doing CD. I'd never even heard of LL, Exante or Slim and Save until I'd joined Minimins.
I did try Lipotrim 2 years ago but only lasted 2 weeks because I was going away on a 3 day course and the chemist advising me had of terrified that I would gain it all back if I even so much as looked at a lettuce leaf.
X

i chose cambridge as it is cheaper than lighterlife plus you get a counsellor and they are run more ethically (in my opinion rather than the likes of slim and save which sell products online,not criticising those who use them but it does give those with eating disorders open access to VCLD's). at least cambridge and lighterlife check that you are the right BMI, etc to actually start on the diet. my mother also said that LL was very restrictive, i..e no food at all when just doing the shakes only bit, whereas you have got the option of SS+ on CD. Also, the group meeting at LL dont sound great, having to share your weight loss journey with others and actually showing the counsellor your ketosis stick every week to prove you're in ketosis :eek: - we're not in school anymore!!

I am just changing from LL to CD.

I have been doing LL happily for the last 7 weeks and have lost 2 stone 3 lbs.

I enjoyed the shakes/meals/soups and bars.

I also enjoyed the Sessions and liked the fact you meet up with the same group of people each week, you dont have to open your heart about your problems if you dont want too (although I do think it helps if you can) and its really up to the induvidual how much you want to openly talk about. Also my Councillor didnt MAKE us show the 'wee' stick at all but they were there if you wanted to test yourself.

The reason I am changing is because my hubby has been doing the CD for the last 6 weeks so I am going to the same Councillor as he does. She is closer to our home and of course the cost is £20 a week cheaper.

I think the plus side of LL is the group support but the plus side of CD is the cost.

We have both tried Exante in the past but I think because you are totally on your own with this diet we didnt stick at it as we should have

""I also enjoyed the Sessions and liked the fact you meet up with the same group of people each week, you dont have to open your heart about your problems if you dont want too (although I do think it helps if you can) and its really up to the induvidual how much you want to openly talk about. Also my Councillor didnt MAKE us show the 'wee' stick at all but they were there if you wanted to test yourself. ""

that's interesting to know rosb as my mother said her counsellor made each member of the group show her the ketosis stick in front of the other group members every week at LL, she said it made feel very uncomfortable as she would then probs as to why some weeks she wasn't in deep ketosis (she had a few cheats over a few weeks due to family bereavement) and she said this was eventually the reason she knowcked it on the head, found it too probing and personal after a while.

just shows that not all diets have counsellors that portray the diets in a good light :(

That is awful!

You shouldnt actually be 'in deep ketosis' as this shows you are not drinking enough - the stick should only really show the palest pink colour - this proves you are in ketosis, if the stick shows the really dark colour it means you are needing more fluids.

As for getting people to show their sticks to each other I think is horrible so I dont blame your Mother for not staying.

I would think the weight loss results each week are enough to show you are following the diet and even if your are not following it to the letter it is your choice after all.

I do think the service the Counsellers provide can vary so if you dont gel with yours try another one who you may do.

On that note I once had a Cambridge Counseller a couple of years ago who delivered to my home but left her car door open with the engine running whilst she flew in with my packs, grabbed my cheque and left - needless to say I didnt stick with either her or the diet at that time!

completely agree with you Rosb, it's our choice how we choose to use the diets, whether we follow it to the letter or have a few blips along the way. i've been lucky enough to have a good experience with my counsellor so far and am happy with her and how she goes through everything at our meetings. i think it does make a massive difference to how people stick with the diet so i think it's vital that counsellors are vetted regularly to ensure that diets are being promoted well. its such a lot of money to part with every month (although i am saving on takeaways!) so i think we are entitled to our money's worth, counselling and all!

Back