What made you...........

I couldn't button up the jacket of my work uniform anymore and I was too embarrassed to ask for a new one because I'd put on weight.

Great Question

God there are so many reasons. I use to be really slim but year after year my weight just kept creeping up, in some ways I had reverse anorexia - I would look in the mirror and think I looked ok when in fact I clearly didn't.
:cry:

About three years ago I gave up smoking and passed my driving test which was a lethal combination and since then my weight has rocketed. I couldn't deny how awful I looked in photo's and my dress size was huge for my height. As I've mentioned before on a thread - I can't fit in normal boots anymore and I'll be damned if I'm buying special boots for fat legs!!! :eek:

It also occurred to me that as some stage there are going to be health issues at being larger as well and its time to get myself in order.

I want to have a social life again and I'm fed up of being the fat friend. I know when I see friends that I haven't seen in a while that they look at me and think "hasn't she let herself go".
Its all going to change thanks to SW. Hopefully friends will start to notice the difference soon.
:)

Never finding anything nice to wear, the constant feeling down mood. I had enough of been lazy, and getting out of breath for minimum effort, my self steam is always down. Never liked my pictures taking, I don’t like big mirrors.
Tried too many crash diets and end up bigger that I ever was, decided I need life changing plan.

Mine was because I didnt want to be a fat bride! I started slimming world in February and by July I'd lost almost 3 and a half stone, but having split up with my then fiance at the end of March and no big white dress to diet into I let my birthday in July and all that cake get the better of me!

I rejoined sw online yesterday and although I havent put any of the weight I lost back on in my few months off I didnt want to put all that weight back on because I worked so hard to get it off in the first place. Plus christmas is round the corner and I figure I can drop another stone by then and buy myself a lovely dress to wear to my office party in a size smaller than I am now!

Back