What makes one cereal a HEX and another not?

Minders

Finding inspiration
I recently bought two boxes of cereal, one was Special K Sustain and the other was Optivita Berries. Both have sweetened flakes. But the Sustain can be used as a HEX and the Optivita is just 5 sins per 28g and isn't a HEX. If you look at both as just syn values, the Sustain is 4.5 and the Optivita is 5. :confused: Both seem like healthier versions of cereals (having oats and fibre, etc), as opposed to just Frosties or something like that.

I was wondering why one is a HEX and not the other. I've got the Optivita now and so will eat it , but it's awful having 5 syns stuck on my tally before the day even begins!

Hmm, I'm not sure, have you compared the fibre amounts?

Also - the berries may have something to do with it? x

I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do, but so far I've gotten away with it, but... for instance, I was having 2 Weetabix as my HEX because that's what I had in at the time. Then I had a box of Oatibix which I assumed would be a similar thing... but they are not a HEX. But again, I had them, so was going to eat them. In a straight syn to syn comparison, the Oatibix came out two syns higher than the Weetabix, so I put the Oatibix in as my HEX as I figured it was a good fibre/oat addition to my diet, but also put the two extra syns in the appropriate column.

Perhaps I'm granting myself a bit too much flexibility, but so far it seems to have been OK. I am trying to not let myself feel too constrainted by dieting. I've lost weight every week so far which is the main thing I suppose.

I did the same Minders, Special K isnt a HE but I use it as one sometimes cos I prefer it to Special K sustain! Its worked ok for me so far xxx

its purely down to the amount of fibre in them, although i do know what your saying about them being very similar

Back