What motivated you to make a change?

I think trying on a pair of size 24 jeans and then looking in the chnaging room mirror and realising I looked to awful for words
and also being to have problems with joint aches etc

Being 23 years old and 19 and a half stone. I went to uni in 2003 weighing 15 stone (having lost two stone to get to that weight) and went through uni and a couple of years of unhappiness afterward, slowly but surely piling it all back on and then some.

The cruncher was having my size 24 jeans get too tight & when i was lying in the bath one night looking at my wibbly belly and getting out, looking in the mirror and crying. I think I joined class not long after that. And although it's coming off slowly but steadly, I'm still 4st 10lb lighter than I was (it was 5stone but I had a lil blip over xmas lol)

New year, new start. I'm hoping that this will be my target year :)

I love this thread - it's like soul cleansing :)

We are all unique in our own wonderful ways, but we all have a common goal - whatever our reasons may be - and that is to shed the stones, pulverise the pounds, fight the flab and conquer the cellulite!

You all speak to me so much as I am in a similar position to so many of you and want nothing more than to be able to look in the mirror or see a photo of myself and think "Hey, you don't look so bad :)"

Keep your stories coming xxx

I have several reasons:

1) I want to have another child and going by my last attempts to be prescribed clomid I need to get my BMI down to a healthy range.

2) The photos from my last birthday made me feel sick - I had 3 chins and was the only porky at my birthday.

3) Im fed up with having to wear frumpy clothes, ones that are baggy and very unflattering - roll on summer 2010, it wont be a repeat of last year!!!!

4) I want to feel sexy again for my partner, things between the sheets have near enough fizzled out cause I didnt even like my stomach being touched cause it was too fat.

5) Ive set a date to be married and although its a lil while away I want to feel confident and beautiful on my day.

Great thread.

im getting married in july and what to feel amazing. I have photos of me in my dress and its totally amazing, i look great, BUT i hate the big fat arms! so i want to banish those chunky arms!
also, we're hoping to start a family soon after, and i know all the potential complications of pregnancy and birth if you are obese, and that just ISNT going to be me.

I had a baby and Im getting married. I want to have a long healthy happy life, not feel like sh!t cos im the size of a house.

I want to be able to to shop in ANY shop without thinking 'do they have a plus size section'

My recent weight loss was due to having a baby and I vowed that when I returned back to work 9 months later I would have lost it all. I have achieved that goal which equalled 3 stone loss, but I still want to shift an extra stone that I never did before falling pregnant.

This may sound harsd, but it wasnt intended that way...

The OH and I were talking one day and I was fishing for compliments and said to him 'if you could change one thing about me what would it be?' thinking that he would say 'nothing, your perfect already' lol...big mistake.... he said 'maybe just a little weight?'...obviously I flipped out BUT to be honest, if it wasnt for him saying that I would probably just kept eating crap and not careing. Now I care about what I eat, appreciate food more, appreciate myself more and enjoy more things that I wouldnt before.

I have many many reasons - the main ones are:

1) I want to get married (when he asks) and feel amazing
2) I would then like children - so i want to lose to make it easier to concieve
3) my muffin top spread - to a back of my bra muffin and chin muffin!
4) I love clothes - and i have some lovely ones in size 16 which i want to wear!
5) I went over 18 stone for the first time ever!
6) I have never been slim/thin ever so would love to get there!

Good luck everyone - i love this thread! xxx

I don't want to be fat and 30!!! For my health, my general well-being and lots of over things! OH and I are starting the emmigration process to Oz in the next couple of months and I want to be able to enjoy the lifestyle that goes with it - the reason we're going! I also want to be fit and healthy before we do (if we can) have children and not to let my previous hang-ups about weight affect them. Also, OH proposed on Christmas Eve and I want to look drop-dead gorgeous when we get married in Italy (not until 2012 though!) xxx

Hi All

My story - 2 years ago I founs a lump in my left brest and convinced myself that it was the big C. I went a little mad trying to teach my children(14,12 and 7) to be able to do everything I do for them and didn't tell them or my stressed out hubby cause I didnt want to worry him.

It turned out that what I had was just a cyst, but in the investigation and treatment I was asked if I was diabetic (my Dad is) and I finally made the link between my health and my weight.

Now I have lost just over 4 stone I have realised as others have said on here already how much of my life was affected. I had no self confidence took no interest in clothes and how I looked and was passing that on to my two girls.

I now teach drama/self confidance in my youngests school and have become girlified (hair makup clothes). If I can do it you can too.

Thanks for this thread it made me think!

My mum has ill health due to her weight. And I'd always been a size 10 but over a few years (about 3) I'd got to a size 14 and realised if I continued I'd be just like mum. I just didn't want to be old & ill, when I retire I want to enjoy myself, go walking, cycling not worry about health problems. My sister was already following SW so I decided to join last Feb & never looked back. My weight loss has been slow but there's no rush I know I'll get there eventually.

I've really enjoyed reading this thread.

I guess it's a culmination of things - basically wanting to look and feel good!

1. I had gestational diabetes when pregnant with my second son. Because of this I am more prone to get adult on-set diabetes in later life. Keeping my weight down and my diet healthy will definitely keep this at bay.

2. When I went to a theme park with hubby and kids last year I panicked that I would be too big for the rides. I had an attendant on one ride ask if it was okay to pull the restraint down quite hard because it wasn't closing properly.

3. To give me more confidence when trying to get back into teaching.

4. I just don't want to be the 'fat' friend anymore. Or the 'fat' mum at the school gates.

5. My sister tagged pics of me on facebook at her baby shower and I removed the tags as I looked so huge and was embarrased.

I could go on, and on, and on...... :D

i've just read through all of your posts and read so many similar experiences to my own!I hope this is our year to all finally rid ourselves of the extra weight and everything we've put ourselves through because of it.Thanks for sharing everyone;-)

I was 8 st 3 when i got married and fell pregnant - now over 11 stone I look like a munchkin for my 5ft 2 height - i grunt when i get off the sofa and my jeans are creeping up to size 16. LO is 2 now to enough is enough - joined sw 2 years ago, lost a stone then put it all on again - so this year i am determined to do it, joined gym and all packed to go tomorrow!

I have been told to stay away from caffeine and aspartame which is in most things SW say to have but learning to adjust and just eat healthily.

Pudgy Panda - I have been told to stay away from caffeine and aspartame which is in most things SW say to have but learning to adjust and just eat healthily.[/QUOTE]

Sorry.... I'm confused????? xxx

Have just thought of another two reasons for me.

When I was in my late 30s I said I didnt want to be fat and 40 - I was, then I said I wasnt going to be fat and 45 - I was. This time I'm def not going to be fat and 50 - got 2 1/2 years to get there and will do it.

Also I was blaming my bath for being smaller than the usual size but have finally realised that if my slim partner can get all of him covered then there is no good reason for my boobs and tummy to be exposed to the cold air. I'd love to be able to submerge myself properly in the hot bubbles.

looking in the mirror on New Years Eve and finally realising how round my face had gone!! And looking in the mirrror after doing my make up and hair and not feeling as good as i usually do :(

So SW here i come :D on my 4 day and loving it x

Day 5 now hun!! How u doing! X

Back