What pushes you?

Violetwind

Determined
What is the secret ingredient that just makes you say 'Im doing this'd and 'Im not eating that'
I gave up a 30 a day habit 9 years ago this month and that was a cakewalk compared to losing weight. Wonder have I used up all my willpower quota? ;-)

A couple of years ago I fell ill unexpectedly and was on the operating table withing a couple of weeks. It was not a weight related illness. That was the wake up call for me that I need to look after myself and appreciate ife.

wanting to get married, my gf and i have a pact that we will do it once we are healthy enough and then we can raise a family too

The realisation that I no longer just look 'big', I look fat. Blunt but true. I have never been really slim but would like to get back to just being 'big' again!

Everytime i see something I shouldn't be eating on that day (like KFC or McDonalds) I just think back to all the hard work I have done so far that week and how eating that food would ruin it all

I just think whats the point in being good all week and blowing it on that food? Its not worth it! If i want it i need to save up for it

New clothes motivate me and wanting t look as good 10 years ago before I put on 7 stone. Wanting to be complimented everyday like I used to be and not spilling over onto someone else's seat on the train etc. I want to start looking after my body before it's too late, my eldest daughters have lost their father and I am determined to be around for them for many years to come. I love just feeling fitter and healthier :))

The fact that I've been uncomfortable and miserable about my weight for at least the last 10 or so years. I'm sick of making excuses and putting it off!

i want to look lovely on my wedding day and i also want to be able to look in a mirror and not feel ashamed

It was getting ready to go to the local farmers ball, and having a discussion with my mum on what dress I would fit into. At that point I thought "I'm 24 years old I have hundreds of, balls, party's, weddings and outings that I will go to in my life and I don't want to have to pick clothes that fit rather than I like" I will do it this time!

Good luck to all fellow slimmers. There is along road ahead but it will be worth it! X

The disappointment in my children's eyes when I don't go on he rides at the theme park, or the water slides at the water park on holiday, or when they hear someone say something about my size, that's what pushes me.

I'm 22, i should be enjoying my life right and being happy. Though i am working on being more happy with myself, the weight is stopping me. Actually, the weight WAS stopping me. I have no excuse for being this big. I'm going to get to my goal and be happy with life and not look back and think of what stopped me, but instead, what awesome things i did.

The fact that I've had 2 miscarriages and my OH would like to start a family once we are married. Chances are, a fertility expert will tell me to lose weight before they do anything else, so I may as well get that out the way. Biological clock is ticking and all that.

I'm 22, i should be enjoying my life right and being happy. Though i am working on being more happy with myself, the weight is stopping me. Actually, the weight WAS stopping me. I have no excuse for being this big. I'm going to get to my goal and be happy with life and not look back and think of what stopped me, but instead, what awesome things i did.

I totally know what you mean, I feel the same. Im 21 and have my whole life ahead of me and the only thing holding me back is my weight and feeling uncomfortable in my own skin, i thought to myself, Im gonna have this body for a few years yet so I best do something about it! Good luck with your weight loss journey:)

I'm 30 in April with 2 kids when I was pregnant with my lil girl I had gestational diabetes and I'm terrified to get diabetes I wanna loose it to live to be healthy looking better is a bonus I wanna see my babies grow up an have their own kids that's more important to me than any food x good luck x

I've always been big, but just from losing what I've lost so far I'm the smallest I've been in almost a decade. From here, its the motivation to see what I could be, what my shape is, what my face looks like without hamster cheeks, and to enjoy feeling like I look good, and feeling confident enough to do new things. And OBVIOUSLY I'd rather like compliments about how great I look for the first time in my life... my hair gets all the compliments its got a massive ego and needs to be brought down to size ;)

Back