What should I believe?

Seaneen

Short and pink
I was weighed on my CDC scales on Monday night and they showed a loss of nothing, putting me at 10st 5lbs.

However, both my scales, one a mechanical one, one a digital weight watchers one, put me at 9st 13lbs when I weigh myself in the morning and have done for 3 days.

My CDC did say that some people were questioning her scales.

I don't know whether to believe my CDC scales or mine. I always think it is more reliable to weigh first thing in the morning.

What do you think?

Have your scales showed a loss between last weeks and this weeks weigh in?

Hun my scales this morning told me i was around 12st 13/13st.0 but my CDC ones showed 13st 6lbs. I am going with my scales and she actually recommended I do that as they are the ones I am using everyday :) x

I find that all scales are diff. I would go with your own scales tbh. I always weigh with my cdc in the morning before ive drank anything ours do pretty much be the same. Then again shoes and clothes weigh aswell.

Dont forget by the time you get to your CDC it is in the evening and you would have had water and sachets but when you weigh in the morn's you are completely empty. So your scales will be different

Then I'd go with your scales to be honest. Well done!!

I have the same problem. My CDC weighs me in the evenings and I'm 4-5lbs heavier on her scales than mine in a morning. This is due to everything we drink during the day and the clothes we wear. I was quite happy with being weighed knowing that I'd be heavier from fluid consumed + clothes, but her scales show only 1 lb loss from last week vs. my own showing a 3 lb loss in the morning.

I can only conclude that the extra weight was therefore my 8 pints of water (some of which was still in me when my CDC weighed me). So I am now using my own scales for WI in the morning as it's far more accurate. As long as you are losing hun, who cares what the scales say!!! ;)

You're doing great, so hang in there and don't be too worried about it :D

How about the next time you are in town you get weighed on the machines in Boots, or summat, then weigh yourself as soon as you get home then you can compare to see who's scales are more accurate.:)

I have the same problem. My CDC weighs me in the evenings and I'm 4-5lbs heavier on her scales than mine in a morning. This is due to everything we drink during the day and the clothes we wear. I was quite happy with being weighed knowing that I'd be heavier from fluid consumed + clothes, but her scales show only 1 lb loss from last week vs. my own showing a 3 lb loss in the morning.

I can only conclude that the extra weight was therefore my 8 pints of water (some of which was still in me when my CDC weighed me). So I am now using my own scales for WI in the morning as it's far more accurate. As long as you are losing hun, who cares what the scales say!!! ;)

You're doing great, so hang in there and don't be too worried about it :D

I did that, they said 10st 2lbs, that was in the early afternoon with shoes.

I started off by going exactly by what my CDCs scales were showing, but realised that I will not be seeing Mandy forever and ever and really what matters to me is how I weigh in the morning nekked....so now I do my own weigh in at home and use that as my official weight, but I still go to see my CDC and get weighed and I still take a note of what it says there too......if that makes any sense.....

I think you need to think long term hun and on whose scales you will always be weighing in on for the rest of your journey, not specifically on CD but also throughout maintenance and beyond.......

I also think if your CD is concerned that other people have questionned her scales, then perhaps you could nicely suggest to her that she should perhaps ensure her scales are tip top and are weighing in exact....maybe your CDCs scales are out a bit and she may find if she does test them that she may need new ones or that they need adjusting?

(((((hugs))))))

Hmmm if other people are questioning her scales then she needs some new ones, or as suggested get something she knows the weight of and weigh it. My CDC has a 4 stone weight to test hers with.

My scales say I weigh more than my CDC's, about 3 lbs, this actually works well for me...I have an evening weigh in and her scales tend to weigh me the same as mine did in the morning....so I can predict :)

I always weigh different to my CDC's scales. I get weighed at hers on Tuesday after work when I've been drinking water and sometimes have my uniform on. She knows that I use my official weigh in as Boots on a Saturday morning as I started off getting weighed at Boots. Shes fine with that - as long as the weight is coming off basically.
x

Well all scales will be different, but the 'loss' should alays be the same, as it's the calibrating to Zero which is where they are usually out.

Obviously you will weigh more later on in the day, but if your scales are showing z 5lb loss and she is showing NO loss then I would say her scales are wrong, regardles of what the recorded weight is.

If they had both shown a similar loss (allowing for your days intake of water & packs) then I would say her scales are right, but to chose whose scales you work with.

i get weighed at my CDC's just to go through the motions...
i always use my scales to do my official weigh in on wed a.m
also i usually see her on a tues BUT i am seeing her next Wed so it is better to use your own scales so you are consistent
also i dont like going by cdc weight as water/clothes will make me heavier!
go by yours hun x

I always go by my own scales, as these are the ones I started off using. Plus, like everyone else has said, weighing in at night, fully clothed, is going to make a difference. I have even been known to weigh my clothes just to check .........

I would keep a note of what yours say, and check again next week. And also the fact that other people have commented on her scales makes me think you should use your own.

Well done on the weight loss btw.

Theresa x

Back