What Size do you Wanna Be?

i just want to be able to go into any clothes shop and buy 'normal' size clothes without feeling crap about my size... does that make sense???

I know blitsy. I want to be able to make advantage of the sales, buy 2 pairs of jeans for a tenner.

I know blitsy. I want to be able to make advantage of the sales, buy 2 pairs of jeans for a tenner.

too know your a certain size and just buys them, instead of looking at the large sizes 'thinking is that big enough'

Am currently a 14/16 on top and bottem, was originally wanting to be a size 12/14 but think I am going to push it down to a small 12 as I don't think I will look much different at a 12/14

Am currently a 14/16 on top and bottem, was originally wanting to be a size 12/14 but think I am going to push it down to a small 12 as I don't think I will look much different at a 12/14

i've dropped from my 18/20 to most of my old 16's and getting loads of comments, but TO ME i look the same, its a perception thing i think!!!!!

Wow that's really interesting girls and definitely all you gonna make it for sure, that means it won't be easy to find size 12-14 in the shops because most of us we really want to be that size.

i've dropped from my 18/20 to most of my old 16's and getting loads of comments, but TO ME i look the same, its a perception thing i think!!!!!

Definitly agree with that when I lost the weight first time round I went from an 18/20 to a 14 and it was only when I caught accidental sights of myself ie a shop window I realised I did look different but standing infront of a mirror I thought I looked the same.

I honestly have no idea.. I'm heading for a healthy BMI that is my goal.. I am 5'4" and wondered about what size this would make me... people posted around 10-12 in the end as a basic.. I've never been either size as an adult. I skipped straight to a 14 in a cloud of teen depression so really don't know.

BUT.. whatever I am I'll be happy :) :D

I completely relate to so many of these posts, I don't ever remember being skinny and have so many people saying that I have a large frame but my wrists, hand and feet tell a different story and despite my current J cup boobies I think that I am aiming for 10-12 bmi sub 25.

I have already made a vow never to shop in Evans again (apart from jewellery which is sometimes nice) and my new aim is to be able to shop in topshop, jane norman and miss selfridge, not that I would do it with Primark just moments away...

Good luck peeps, I think they might run out of bikinis come summer with all us slim things running about town!

Last edited:
slimpossible, you sound very grounded about it :) and love the way you've worked out your mini-goals! :D well done!! may steal that method in my signature! lol I'm sure they'll be going red soon!

Started 18 top, 20 bottom
Currently 14 top, 16 bottom
I've set my weight goal at 11 stone so will see how I feel when I get there, I'm currently 11 stone 12 so I figure I'll have dropped another size by the time I reach target which will make me a 12 top and 14 bottom. xx

at the moment I am aiming for a size that starts with a 1 rather then a 2! but ultimately I just want to be a 14, it's all my ickle brain can cope with and when I get there you will see this nutter woman skipping down the highstreet shouting her head off! :8855:Once I have maintained that weight I might decided to go lower but after being a 22-26 for the past 17 years I just want to be a 14.

My original goal was to be comfy in a 14 but now I'm thinking a 12 would be nice ! Whatever, I'm trying to be realistic and settle at a weight I can maintain at. I went swimming last night with my little girl and noticed for the first time that my boobs have disappeared !?! I'm not sorry to see the back of them ..

I think i would like to be a size 12, havent been that size since i was at school! I am planning on getting to the top end of my BMI and weight to go with that, and just wait and see really on how i feel when i am there x

Same as me I never been size 12-14 even 16 in my life and that would be breaking the record for me and I have to spoil myself with a nice outfit, oh my god I can't wait for that.

Last edited:
i'm a size 8-10 now, depending on the clothes really. and for some odd reason i'm a size 12 in Primark:) except for the underwear- those are a size 8-10 as well:)
i'd like to be a size 8 exclusively, but it would be practically impossible because i have 32F boobs:/ i seem to have lost most of the weight in my belly area, and i can actually see my ribcage and protruding hip bones, but the boobs are resisting bravely:) it's quite odd..

I would love to be able to shop anywhere instead of just shops like Evans.
Ultimate sizes:
England - 12 top 16 bottom
Australia - 8 top 12 bottom.

Current sizes:
England - 24 top 30/32 bottom
Australia - 20 top 26 bottom

I breifly peaked at a size 20 tops and 18 bottoms then realised something had to be done. Now at a 14 sometimes 12. Would still like to lose stone and half so idealy a 10-12 would be dreamy for me. I would have to admit that i am more motivated by my weight and how i feel than size just now. Wore a knee length dress - size 14 (bit big but didnt have a 12 in stock) to a dinner dance last week and i felt really good and had so much more confidence than i would have before losing weight.

Back