What the heck!?!?

pete10141748

Postaholic
Today feels exactly like day 1! :eek:

cold all over, tired, cant concentrate or focus, and my stomach is rumbling (so much so that my supportive colleague who sits about 10 feet from me said "oh for gods sake, eat something!" and he knows Im on LL, so thats saying something!!)

Weird! Though I guess it was bound to happen eventually..... I think I got extremely lucky going almost 11weeks without having a single bad day! :D

Oh Pete. That's not good. <<HUGS!>>

We all have bad days. The challenge is getting through them. You have come this far. And I'm sure you're strong enough to get through it.

Get yourself a nice glass of water. Make you feel better! Honest!

B x

No! Pete!! Hang in there soldier!
I know exactly what you mean... it was the cold weather and feeling a bit run down that lead me to lapse (over and over and over again)... DON'T DO IT.

I know you haven't suggested you will, you are far stronger than that... but if it EVER crosses your mind. DON'T.

DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T
DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T

Got it??

Honestly, it's true what they say about one lapse leading to another, and it's nigh on impossible to get back on track after. Really not worth it, I've been through hell and back all through December, trying and failing to nail it again. Hey ho.

Just wrap up warm (got a scarf and gloves, wear them!), make a hot drink (hot forest fruits is stunningly great on cold days) and ride the wave til it peaks again... it won't take long.

And for goodness sake, will someone please put a bag over the head of your colleague? For the love of god!!! Hahaha (by bag over his head I am referring purely to shutting him up, not suffocating him... you can never been too careful with the lunatics that browse through this forum... *looks up and away, averting your knowing gaze*)

Ta ra chick - sending big (((hugs))) to you.

MWAH! x

Thanks girls, I feel better already :)

Glass of water Beki? I've just downed almost a litre! lol
Trying to make myself feel "full" if you know what I mean!

And Anna, no way am I lasping, and TBH, it hadn't occured to me anyway! Someone has put an absolutely enourous selection of sweetie things in the staffroom, when I saw them all, all I thought was "Oh for goodness sake, how ridiculous is that?" and walked away. It didn't even occur to me until about half an hour later that not only had they not tempted me, I actually had felt put off by them! :eek:
Even suprised myself!!! :eek::eek:

And my colleague was only joking (I think!) judging by his tone of voice :p and he know's I'm tough enough to take it :D

Off to make a nice hot cup of black tea.... I dont bring my shakes to work on purpose, so I know I'll definately have them when I get home each night!
Think I'm going to invest in some Peppermint Tea though, water is starting to get a teeny bit samey each day!

try to space out your meals a bit more and drink water that always helps the great rumble i experience.... that sounded veeeery bizare

Yeah I do need to drink more water, I still get through 2.5-3 litres a day but lately I've been feeling that I need to drink more than that, so I'm trying hard to fit it all in!

I have meals spaced evenly already, 1 shake for breakfast about 7am, then a bar for lunch at 12.30pm, and a my last 2 shakes at about 7pm for tea.

Just "one of those days" I guess, it's only the second day back to work after a fortnight off so that's going to play a big part of it I think, just being more mentally tired than I've gotten used to, plus being in a cold office doesn't help!

Pete, I'm so getting where you are coming from! I've been freezing all day!! I purposely turned my radiator down a few weeks back as my colleauge who started to share my office a few weeks back lives in Crete all year, and comes home for the winter. She likes it baking and also wears loads of jumpers. Well, I turned it down and pushed a filing cabinet towards the radiator so that it can't be altered as I was struggling with the heat in the room, but now the filing cabinet is full of casenotes and I can't move it I'm absolutely freezing!!! It's funny because I continually have a sweaty top lip in work normally, and now I've been shivering in my big woolly cardi all day while my colleauges walk about in t-shirts!!

Anyway, I'm freezing, can't concentrate properly and feel like I have a brain full of jelly, and I'm so tired - I too put it down to the weeks off that I've just had and the return to work. Not had the rumbly stomach, but apart from that I'm feeling your pain!

Well done on not being tempted by those sweets! Isn't it truly amazing?!

Apart from that I've had a day full of strokes as people haven't seen me for a few weeks and seem surprised at the weight loss. My boss (a consultant surgeon) who doesn't normally comment on my weight (obviously as it would have been extremely rude! LOL!) went on for about five full minutes this morning about how much I'd shrunk and seemed to be in shock and it's typically not something he would usually comment on. He's say something about the loss, then talk work, and the next minute was incredulous and commenting again! I did quite enjoy that I must say!! ;-)

When people have asked me all day how much I've lost and I tell them 50lb in ten weeks, they just look open mouthed.

It is amazing this diet isn't it! That's why I have no doubt you'll stick to the straight and narrow!

Well done Poppy

I can relate to the cold thing.
Also have a constant radiator/window battle with a colleague.
Lots of thin layers is the answer. I've got a new nickname "the Four Tops" !!!!

Congratulations on trhe 50lbs.
If people notice with a good attitude it can feel great.
Keep it up. I can tell you will xxx

Hi Pete

Sorry you had a togh day back at work.
It seems to be the change in routine that causes a problem doesn't it?
But good for you for not turning to food.
I have had between 3/4 litres of water all the way through. If i've reduced it for any reason I have felt more hungry, got constipation and had weeks with less weight loss. Strange, but true.
I have my first shake about 7.30a.m. lunch one about 1pm supper about 7pm usually thai chilli with tabasco and hot chocolate about now 10ish.
BL reccomended adding sweeteners to it and she's right (as usual!) it does taste better.
Have a better day tomorrow.....:4635:

Thanks for the nice comments everyone :)

I'm hoping I feel better after some sleep tonight.
Have my next 28-day checkup tomorrow (yeah I know, I'm a bit behind with them as I didn't get my first one done until about mid-week 6) so hopefully being told I'm healthier than ever will lift my spirits back to the their normal high! :D

Ooh something that did make me feel better though, when riding the bus home from work I was able to sit facing forwards in a normal seat (not the back ones with more 'arse room :p ) AND cross my legs too!

Made me grin like a moron all the way home, people must have thought I was well weird! lol! :D

Thanks for the nice comments everyone :)

I'm hoping I feel better after some sleep tonight.
Have my next 28-day checkup tomorrow (yeah I know, I'm a bit behind with them as I didn't get my first one done until about mid-week 6) so hopefully being told I'm healthier than ever will lift my spirits back to the their normal high! :D

Ooh something that did make me feel better though, when riding the bus home from work I was able to sit facing forwards in a normal seat (not the back ones with more 'arse room :p ) AND cross my legs too!

Made me grin like a moron all the way home, people must have thought I was well weird! lol! :D

I always find much joy in watching the weird bloke on the bus. Imagine my joy the first time I ventured onto the London Underground! Like all my Christmases came all at once!

B x

Hi Pete.

Seems like we're going through the same things everyday!! I have had freezing hands a feet for almost a week and have been having baths every night just to try and warm up!

Yesterday I was so hungry that had there been food in the house I probably would have lapsed!! The hunger pangs were so bad it kept me awake for hours but feel so better this morning knowing I didn't resort to going out and buying food!!

Hx

good luck at ur check up hun, and hope ur feeling better today xxx

Oh come on girls, surely some of you live near enough to Pete to go and warm him up and take his mind off his rumbly tummy?

hehehe I WISH! lol ;) :D
but I dont think my GF would like that very much........

Thanks Hannah and Catz (and the rest of you too! :) ), I'm feeling much much MUCH better today, back on top of the world and full of beans (not literally though! Bad carbs! *hits them with a stick*) :D

Back