Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

What to do on weekends away??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by PhoenixsHonour, 10 September 2010 Social URL.

1. PhoenixsHonour

PhoenixsHonour Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(6.73%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    This (slight) panic is actually really far in advance. For my birthday, my brother has booked a night in a hotel for me and my girlfriend in York over the St Nicholas Fair, which is at the end of November. All of this is amazing and fantastic and wonderful and I am very very excited...but what do I do re:food?

I'm totally happy to just take tetras and bars (if I like them, haven't got to try one yet) to eat, though I have a feeling that will be my 13th week, therefore 810 plan shall be followed, but I'd feel completely awkward going into a restaurant and not ordering anything, which I'd have to do at least once so she can have dinner...

I suppose if it is my 810 week (and if it isn't, it might just have to be) I could just order fish with no sauce and some veggies...

I really really do not want to go off plan, since getting into ketosis (or possible coming off diet coke, not sure which) was really painful for me, I never want to do it again...

Sorry for the ramble, what I'm really asking, I suppose, is what do you do when you go away?

Thanks for you help x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rose1987

rose1987 reaching my goal

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi hun dont worry , You know that this weekend has been planned so you could plan in advance what kind of meals would be better for you to eat . Fish , chicken and seafood with salad or veg could be an healthy option and low in carb . Dont stress over it just be prepared and you should be fine !

4. ghdgirl

ghdgirl Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    I agree, don't worry about it- you are supposed to be enjoying yourself! Be sensible and make low carb choices but have a nice time. Let us know how you get on x

5. PhoenixsHonour

PhoenixsHonour Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(6.73%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi guys. Thank you for your replies, I feel much better now. I spoke to my girlfriend and she was more than happy to just buy something to eat in our room, because she's lovely like that. I said we'd see closer to the time and I'm happy with that. It'll be a good night away, whatever we end up doing. :)

6. Fiesty

Fiesty Melting the fat

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(39.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge ss+
    I'm with the others, chicken and veg or fish and veg in a restaurant is a good idea. I had to go on a work lunch to an italian restaurant recently but I ss+ anyway, I have them a list of what I could have (had it prepared) with strict instructions about no oil/garlic etc. They did me a lovely chicken and mushroom dish with an undressed salad that I added balsamic too and I have to say it was way better looking than some of my colleagues food.

PS. Have a great time in York, me and my girlfriend love it there too.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.