What to take to work....

Casg

So I work shifts, 3pm till 11pm one day them the next 7am until 3pm. I'm ok with taking lunches to work I just struggle with what to take on my late shift. I'd usually eat at about 7ishand normally it's either a sandwich or a pasta salad. Any ideas what else I could take with me that can be eaten cold?

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Cold roast vege salad? Couscous or quinoa salad? Chicken, salad & wrap to assemble there (so it doesn't get soggy!)? Homemade sushi? Just a few ideas off the top of my head :)

Do you have access to a microwave at work?

Got a kettle there? You can get packets of flavoured couscous to take with you- just take it in a food storage box and chuck some boiling water over it at work. That way at least you could have something warm.

Ohhhhh great ideas guys thanks, unfortunately no access to microwave but do have kettle

Yeah lisi, I love pasta... Only thing is as I won't be eating it for an early dinner and I don't really want to be eating carbs later on if you see what I mean?

Its not about time of day though, its about activity. So during the middle of your shift is fine as youre moving afterwards. Its basically the equivalent of lunchtime.

Back