what veg are not allowed on red day ?

Parsnips and sweet potato are not free or broad beans.
Butternut and other squashes are free though.
Don't forget you can have peas, sweetcorn, potatoes etc as a B choice on red though.

although i think you can have baby sweetcorn as free on a red day if you want but you may want to check hon

SOrry to hijack, but what's success express?

Its another plan that SW use - generally on quite a low key basis - in my group my consultant tends to hand out the leaflet if people have been stuck for a few weeks. Its really restrictive - basically 2/3 superfree each meal, syn at the higher value of red or green, syn everything that isnt part of your main course/main meal (eg smoked salmon starter you would syn like its a green day), only snack on superfree

there's loads of threads on it if you use the minimins search engine - there's even still a thread on page 1 I think

baked beans and spagetti hoops arent free on a red day.. I didn't realise about the peas and sweetcorn until I sat down trying to work out what to have with my stuffed chicken wrapped in bacon on tuesday night! blimming nightmare, ended up with plum tomatoes

I don't class baked beans or spaghetti hoops as veg ;-)
However, I have tinned tomatoes with pretty much everything. Luckily I love them! On a red day i'll have salmon or chicken with some veg and topped with tinned tomatoes. Mmm, idea for tomorrow!

Tinned tomatoes - Love them, have them with brekkie, in soup, in mince, on toast. They are rivalled only by beans in my food affection list :D

Totally off topic - sorry :eek:

I don't class baked beans or spaghetti hoops as veg ;-)
However, I have tinned tomatoes with pretty much everything. Luckily I love them! On a red day i'll have salmon or chicken with some veg and topped with tinned tomatoes. Mmm, idea for tomorrow!

lololol!!! nor do I class spagetti hoops and baked beans as veg either!! lol!!! Just thought I'd say I didn't remember that the title of the thread said veg! hehehe never mind! :rolleyes:

Back