What was everyones...

Your stories are so inspiring! I can see elements of my goals in every one of your stories.

So.. here goes... I did Lipotrim last year and lost 4 stone in 2 and a half months. This was after a long battle with my weight before that. I was a size 10/12 when I was 17, then after rapidly losing a lot of weight I started to pile it back on, I guess I was cocky enough to think that I was safe to gain a few pounds without having to worry too much about it, but it got out of control and here I am at 21 a size 20 and miserable with myself.

So the lipotrim really helped, and I kept all the weight off for a good few months. Then I had an Implanon fitted and BOOM! I exploded again.
I turned a blind eye to it for so long because I had kind of given up caring about it, figuring that because (I thought) I was smart and funny my appearance was irrelevant. But then I stopped leaving the house... Something, subconsciously, had told me that my size was not something that was acceptable or tolerable. But instead of just doing something about it I wallowed in self pity, and chose to believe my (wonderful, supportive, kind and gorgeous!) boyfriend when he told me I wasnt fat.

Then I got dragged to a 21st of an old school friend. I got all dressed up and thought I looked gorgeous, then when I was looking at the photos on my ex-best-friend (looong and complicated story, she was my best friend for 9 years and now the most dangerous and hurtful presence in my life) and noticed her comments...

"well its not my fault someone decided they wanted a trans-species op for christmas (human to elephant)"

"really need to come up with a new nickname the old one just doesnt do her justice anymore...shes chubbier? duh?"

Charming eh? So even though I knew in my heart and soul I needed to do this a long time ago it takes that level of hurt from a person that even though she's destroyed me more than once I still had some level of compassion for, to pierce through this unusually thick skin I've developed... Must be a benefit of being part pachyderm... HA! HA! not.
Havent decided whether I'll confront her when I've lost all the weight or just let her discover my new and wonderful life for herself... either way, I am never going back to that again, I never want to let such a vindictive person use me to feel good about themselves again. AMEN!

Good on you for doing something about it and showing them

Mine was to stop feeling so awful about myself and the fear of another Summer where I just lived in long trousers!! :eek:I don't really have any help or support to be honest. My husband hates talking about my weight or diets! :cry:Things just all got too much for me over Christmas when I didn't have the confidence to go out celebrating because I felt fat and ugly! Anyway, here I am today, doing really well on LT and not feeling hungry at all! Thanks to This Forum and all you Guys, I feel that I am not the only person who felt this way!:D

Thanks. XX

Thanks you guys! Lol I guess everyone has someone in their life that they just can't wait to flaunt their new figure in front of!

Hiya,
My main reasons are:
. I've met a new "friend" lol and I wan't to be able to feel totally at ease rather than staring at the floor all the time.
. I want more confidence - i'm a bit mad inside but it won't come out.
. To be able to shop in normal shops and not worry about if they go up to the right size.
.To feel pretty
. So I can feel comfortable wearing colour
My mum has been the best friend to me for a while now- she bought me roses in the first week and she's there telling me how good it will be. I want to be an inspiration to her aswell considering all the stress she's had and if I can do it so can she - not LT though she's allergic to something in them. Also to not be referred to as oh you know so and so's fat friend lol. Fed up of it :).
Everyone is a winner on here we're all doing great one step at a time xxx

Back