What was your Final Straw?

My clothes wouldn't fit me anymore and my size was going up and up. I also felt fat and frumpy and not good about myself at all. I knew I had to do something about it. I started slim fast at first but the weight was coming off so slowly, and some weeks I wouldn't lose any weight at all. So then I started cambridge, and all has been going well ever since. :D

I'm about to become single again after 11 yrs and had 2 choices. One, to live the life of a nun :rolleyes:(tempting as the Habit would cover my blubber), or two, get myself back out there and find a new fella (and eventually be seen naked :eek: :eek: :eek:).
Had to do something damn quick but have a dodgy hip and can't exercise so CD is the perfect answer :D

mine was a photo my 3 yr old took of me .. it was a bad angle and wasthe first pic that I had seen of myself for a while as i was a camera dodger .. and it floored me when I saw it ... it is in my profile albums now and I look at it now and again to give me the motivation to keep going :)
if anyone looks .. its at your own risk !!!

My final straw was the fact that I hate each and every one of my wedding photo's and none of them are on display.

I had promised myself I would lose weight before I got married and only managed to lose about 2 stone over a year.

Somebody on another forum I use had had sucess with the cambridge diet so I decided to give it a try and started in November last year.

I am coming up to my first anniversary and wish I had discovered CD beforehand so I could be proud of my pictures. I would love to get some more done in a nice slinky dress instead of the size 28 marquee that is hanging in my spare room.

Mine is a few things,

the straw that broke the camels back was going to Alton towers a couple of weeks ago with hubby an our friends - he had to literally slam me into all the rides as the girls working on them weren't strong enough to get them on the biggest safety catch - on one ride I was asked if I wanted the larger seat at the back I was so so humiliated and panicked the whole way round and every ride we went on was awful!

My second reason is that I have a beautiful 7 month old daughter - since I had her the only jeans I can
comfortably wear are my maternity jeans - so one of my goals is to throw them out!

An lastly - my husband goes to Afghanistan quite soon, at his homeoming next April I want to look fabulous! I want his jaw to drop and him not to recognise me!

He has actually said he will feel like he's having an affair! Not only will I b skinny but our baby will be 14 months and so able to walk over to her daddy!

I think there enough motivation to keep me going for the next 6 months!

Xxx

I had final straws,

1)one was breaking a chair at a friends house and in hindsight it wasn't becuase I weighed too much as there were people sitting on the same chairs that weighed much more than I did.

2) I also saw some horrible pictures of myself in a swimming costume, that made me get into bed and cry myself to sleep!

3) a little girl asking me if I was babysitting a baby in my tummy!

My final straw was going on holiday to South Africa to visit my in-laws. They hadn't seen me for a few years and I've put on about 4st since then after giving birth to my beautiful 2-year old daughter. However, seeing the photos of the holiday made me cry. I was the "big one" in all the photos! I also couldn't join in the fun due to my weight. The way people were looking at me made me feel so embarrassed that I thought -Enough is enough! I started WW to start with, but although I love it, the weightloss was really slow. My hubby told me about Cambridge after he saw one of his friends who'd lost 10st on the diet. I started the next week! Now, I'm on a roll. :D

my final straw was when the love of my life came back from living abroad two years ago. we had been together for years but split when he left.

we got back in touch and he came to see me - i had put on about 7 stone since the last time we saw each other and he never mentioned it. we started our relationship again and everything was going well for about six months and then he left me telling me it was because of my size. i was so upset but still didnt lose weight - my ex was coming back and forth to see our 10 yr old son and after a few months we got back together again.

things were great until july 2010 when we split again - this time he told me that he doesnt love me anymore. and its only now that i think back through our relationship do i realise that although there was a lot of love things were never quite right. our love life wasnt great and i always felt that he was ashamed to be seen with me - but i never confronted him. his family and friends knew we were together but he never took me out to meet his friends.

the final straw came when he took our son to his parents caravan for 8 days without me - we usually go together. he said it was because i wouldnt enjoy myself because its all water sports and i wouldnt be able to get into the boats and i wont go in the sea. the reason i wont go in the sea is because its so cold u need a wet suit and there is no way i would wear one.

we ended up splitting up during his week away and i have been through hell but have decided - sod you, i will be thin and i will show you what you are missing. i am not doing it for him im doing it for me and my son. we are going to have wonderful holidays and fabulous days out and my ex will be the one who ends up sorry.

Back