What was YOUR kick up the bum???

Finally realising that the only thing stopping me losing weight was me, no one was forcing me to over eat. I had got to the point where I was sick of eating so it was a pleasure to start a meal replacement.

Realising that not only was I now 50 and my knees were getting a bit creaky but my son is getting married this year and those photos will be around for a very long time. Can't avoid that camera so 100 days to lose 50lbs on Exante seemed like an appealing option :)

loads of things, jeez I could go on and on

photo's are a big one, some are shocking - was my face in there somewhere among all those chins, lol ???

rocking the fishing boat! my friends were concerned for our collective safety!

struggling to breathe after cliff ascents following some shore based fishing trips - and always being the last one back up - soemtimes by days!! (only joking!)

airplane seat belts, just did up last year, they wouldn't have this - but they will now! and I'm only 1/3 done!

Alton Towers - just, just, only just, fitting into the harnesses - and I love Alton Towers!

my trousers getting tight at 40". Suit jackets at 50"

my children becoming embarrassed at the size of dad....poor things...they are ok now I'm doing something about it

and the final one was tipping the scales at a smidge over 20st! THE HORROR!

My main reasons:

I find myself repulsive to look at. I dodge every photo and I'm covered in stretch marks.
I've never been so unhappy in my life. I can't wear anything sexy or fashionable anymore, just the same old big girls tops with jeans.

It's my own doing but I WILL change things around. I'll never have my sexy smooth body back because the marks have ruined that. But I WILL be slim and sexy and happy in my own skin again.

The documentary called 'Half a ton mom' - if that doesn't inspire or motivate you, nothing will.

-realising I was on the verge of needing to buy size 16's if I didn't do something to deal with the weight
-having a wardrobe full of size 8/10 clothes I can't wear
-being fed up of hating ALL photos of myself
-realising just how attractive my lovely boyfriend is and not wanting to be a 'blob' next to him at social events!

Hi, I'm new here & getting all psyched up for starting my vlcd on Tuesday! My reasons are a bit long winded but I've yo-yo'd for years & after suffering from anxiety last year I'm now ready to get myself sorted!! The actual turning point was going for a drink with my friends last week & a picture of us all being put on Facebook... I'm the one on the end with the massive bum, that's enough motivation for me!! That & wanting another baby, something I haven't got the stamina for as a size 30 woman!! x

I work with numbers and being bored one night worked out that I no longer fit into 87% of my clothes :( Started my dieting journey yesterday and am determined this time.

Welcome lovely newcomers, Ellewoods, Miss P and Sambuca. Just follow your programme, choosing each day to be 100% and you'll be getting great results. I'm the living proof!

Mine was looking at old photos of myself when I had my now 5 year old daughter and realising how heavy I had let myself get. Also weighing myself for the first time in donkeys made me realise that I have got to do it. I also have a dress, pair of 3/4 length jeans and 3/4 length brownish trousers in my wardrobe that I am determined to fit into.

A friend of mine posted on facebook that she'd lost a stone in 6 weeks, and I thought 'if she could do that...'

The thing that gets me is when you are a 'larger' lady (or FAT) and you go into the trendy shops - the awful looks the assistants give you as if you shouldn't be in there - hate that. What gave me a kick up the bum was trying clothes on in an Italian boutique when on holiday and I literally couldn't get it over my shoulders! Gave up trying anything then...I now shop online and basically can try on at home and send back if I need to. The fact that shopping is so depressing when it ought to be a pleasurable experience you can share with friends...I loathe it and chose not to bother! Also, I absolutely hate going out - I have become so self conscious that going to a bar/cafe/pub just fills me with dread - again something that should be enjoyable, but I genuinely can't bear the experience. So am trying so hard to get rid of the weight in order to feel better about myself and then can enjoy living a fulfilling life again. Enough said! Am frequently restarting as seem to go off the rails, but come on here and am reassured that there are others just like me....really good to know. x

looking at the clothes at the bottom of the wardrobe that have been there for the last 6 years at least that i refuse to get rid of coz 'i will fit into them again'

going into evans and trying on a new pair of trousers and realising I was getting bigger! standing infront of a mirror with nothing on and just breathing out, It was depressing so I thought right Im going to change it, someone I know goes to slimming world and I asked to tag along and now Im in my second week and feeling really positive :)

Not being able to fit into my jeans anymore after a mere few WEEKS.
Having a doctor tell me I had an eating disorder.
BF commenting on weight. :(

Seeing myself in a full length mirror in my underwear in a hotel.

It made me feel sick and I knew I had to do something about it.

My wedding initially. 5mibths between proposal and wedding. And then when my clothes wetent fitting me again! X

Comparing myself to my sister in law (naturally thin) and realising my bf drew the not so short ugly straw. I'm grateful though, it gives motivation - which is exactly what I needed. Time to sort things for good! x

My kick up the bum was when the guy I was seeing said "I've found a song for you!" I thought ahhh how romantic, until he played it- it was "You're the one for me fatty" by Morrissey.

Back