What was YOUR kick up the bum???

Honestly it was seeing my graduation photograph. I knew I was fat, but I didn't know I was that fat, seeing a photograph that hadn't benefited from carefully angling the camera/body to be kind shocked me into action. I'm 24, I shouldn't look like a stout grandmother.

The fact my bad knee has started screaming that it can't carry my current weight helps.

Realising that I was avoiding going out with friends as was uncomfortable with how I looked and dreaded family occasions. Decided that if it was affecting me that much, I better loose it again and maintain it!

My husbands friends admiring slimmer pictures of me on his phone (who's the fit bird?), then looking at me and asking if I was the same wife... how embarrassing. But just the shock I needed to get back to being the 'fit bird' lol

Being asked to be a bridesmaid for my friend :D then overhearing the shop assistant telling her mum "the bigger one will cost a bit more" :(
The bigger size has been ordered now, but if i lose some weight and need to have it altered ill pay for it myself

LeeM said:
Being asked to be a bridesmaid for my friend :D then overhearing the shop assistant telling her mum "the bigger one will cost a bit more" :(
The bigger size has been ordered now, but if i lose some weight and need to have it altered ill pay for it myself

The company should pay for alterations upto a point-as no one is completely the right size x

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Hiding from cameras/iPhones unless it's from neck up!! Plus going on hols and not being in any pics cause I couldnt bear to look at it!! And the 6 chins I have! Lol

Health - my asthma is better when I am slimmer
Clothes - I love clothes, but hate finding that the styles I like are not in my size, all the sleeves are too long etc. etc
Photos - Hate any pictures that show below the neck
Sex - can get closer without my flabby big stomach

Lie in the bath and submerge my tummy, wear one-size-fits-all tights, know I am only using my side of the seat in buses/tubes, letting the little tray down on the plane without it lodging on my stomach, buy classic clothes that will fit next year and next year, not more underbed storage boxes of clothes that are too small.

I've been on a diet since I was 14, and for the last 2 years have been low carbing but only losing the same 20 pounds again and again. I did some research on VLCD and studies have shown that those who lift weights maintain muscle mass and have greater success keeping the weight off...so I am once again motivated to try again.

But what really cinched it this time, was realizing that I've felt fat and ugly since I was 14, and if I don't do something NOW at 34, it will be too late to ever feel beautiful again. I want to enjoy what is left of my 30's and get a few years in of feeling pretty before I turn 40. Plus, if I am going to diet and not eat what everyone around me is eating, I may as well be thin and sacrificing and feeling hot in a great outfit, instead of fat and sacrificing while hiding in baggy clothes.

^ Excellent!

RawrGirl said:
I've been on a diet since I was 14, and for the last 2 years have been low carbing but only losing the same 20 pounds again and again. I did some research on VLCD and studies have shown that those who lift weights maintain muscle mass and have greater success keeping the weight off...so I am once again motivated to try again.

But what really cinched it this time, was realizing that I've felt fat and ugly since I was 14, and if I don't do something NOW at 34, it will be too late to ever feel beautiful again. I want to enjoy what is left of my 30's and get a few years in of feeling pretty before I turn 40. Plus, if I am going to diet and not eat what everyone around me is eating, I may as well be thin and sacrificing and feeling hot in a great outfit, instead of fat and sacrificing while hiding in baggy clothes.

Good luck!

RawrGirl said:
I am sick and tired of every single journal opening with the lines...This time I will reach goal. Ugh. Nothing like 20 years worth of that to make you feel pathetic.

I can completely agree with that one. From the age of 13 or so I've hated my body. And being 30 next year it's sad looking back thinking what ive wasted :(
But can't keep thinking like that. Or I'll waste another year thinking "why bother"

Anois x

I can completely agree with that one. From the age of 13 or so I've hated my body. And being 30 next year it's sad looking back thinking what ive wasted :(
But can't keep thinking like that. Or I'll waste another year thinking "why bother"

Anois x

Exactly...I've got 6 more years before I turn 40. I want to finally feel good about myself while I am still "young"!

Karensplan said:
Yep I know that feeling! I want too feel good this Christmas for once! And get a nice fancy new outfit!
I need to getc myself sorted, want a nice Christmas too :'-/

Brilliant post. I also miss my thin clothes, my beautiful clothes, and sick of buying things whilst having to consider which part of my bulk they will/willnot cover. I also dont want to be a fat mum! x

Back