What was your turning point?

Well done lougalx. My turning point was just a normal Sunday morning and I took a long look at myself in the mirror in just my underwear and just hated everything that I saw. I took a picture of myself that morning and look at it whenever I feel tempted to cheat! Only been on it 8 weeks but feel so much better. Don't know what I lost in the first 2 weeks (no scales) but in the last 6 I have lost 11lbs! Only 10lbs until I'm a healthy BMI now x

My turning point was seeing a pic of myself...the one to the left that shows now!! A friend had joined SW so I started looking for a local group here and so glad I did. On my first session at group I met an old school friend who was joining too...we have had so much fun keeping each other accountable. :D

Yeah thanks, have stuck to it today. We are over at my boyfriends mums for her birthday, she made chicken with green beans and sweetcorn for me, a load of Mullerlights and lots of fruit. She's a star. Her birthday dinner on Tuesday we are out for a meal so will treat myself then. I know I can get back on it after that anyway so not worried like you said.

Hope you enjoyed your meal out, lougalx. Think there are so many different things that make us sit up and have a really good look at ourselves and so glad SW is here to help us achieve whatever it is we're after. Good luck!

Kathy

Going away so can't make my first weigh in, but on my own bathroom scales its showing 4 1/2 lb loss since Monday morning, yay!
Can't believe it given how much I've been eating but so chuffed.

Lougal snap! thats exactly what happened to me with the gallstones and the weight. we'll stick together! glad those pesky gallstones are gone though!

Lougal snap! thats exactly what happened to me with the gallstones and the weight. we'll stick together! glad those pesky gallstones are gone though!

Oh yeah, gallstones were horrific, so glad that's all over! At the time having to eat healthy and going to the gym every day because it was about the only social thing I could do, I should've felt great but I've never felt so dreadful. Don't miss that one bit...

Mine was seeing my Nanna get ill, she's always had problems with her weight resulting in her being in hospital for most of her life with numerous things. She was very obese and couldn't do much for herself, she could barely get out of bed most days and didn't have a social life. In 2012 she was diagnosed with heart disease and died a few months later. I watched her in the hospital go through so much pain and she looked so ill. I remember sitting there thinking to myself that I don't ever want to get myself to that point, to a point were I am so ill I can't do anything for myself, and it would be all down to my own actions and nobody else's. It's no life at all.

Also photo's, I want to look good in a photograph for once!

My turning point was recently turning 30, I realised that I'd spent the majority of my 20s battling with my weight, being depressed because of the ups and downs with starting a diet, falling off the wagon and the vicious circle we all know it is. My self confidence has held me back enough, I don't want to exist in my thirties but live them!! Sally x

Mine was seeing my Nanna get ill, she's always had problems with her weight resulting in her being in hospital for most of her life with numerous things. She was very obese and couldn't do much for herself, she could barely get out of bed most days and didn't have a social life. In 2012 she was diagnosed with heart disease and died a few months later. I watched her in the hospital go through so much pain and she looked so ill. I remember sitting there thinking to myself that I don't ever want to get myself to that point, to a point were I am so ill I can't do anything for myself, and it would be all down to my own actions and nobody else's. It's no life at all.

Also photo's, I want to look good in a photograph for once!

Wow, that must have been so tough to watch! At least now you're looking at a positive way to help yourself. I find these 'turning point' tales so inspirational and, whenever I'm finding everything difficult to stick to, I read each and every story from Page 1 and feel inspired all over again! Good luck, everyone!

Kathy x

The catalyst for me was having a miscarriage in April. I struggled to conceive for five years and was blessed with my little boy two years ago and ever since then have been trying for a sibling for him. I was OVER THE MOON when I fell pregnant and utterly, utterly heartbroken when I lost the baby at 10 weeks. I joined SW the following week.

I read that excess weight increases the risk of miscarriage and I have to live with that guilt forever. I turn 40 next month and would really love to fall pregnant again in the not too distant future so it was time to take action.

That is so sad, Guru. That must have been so awful for you! I'm sure there must be lots of contributory factors for a miscarriage though so, don't beat yourself up with guilt. That could be so self-destructive. Sorry if that sounds patronising but, at least you've taken a huge, positive step forward.

I really hope your dream comes true and you are lucky enough to fall pregnant again. Best wishes.

Kathy x

Thank you Kathy :)

Been a yoyo dieter all my adult life and battling food addiction and then developed arthritis in my right hip which has now gone to full blown osteoarthritis and in need of a hip replacement was the motivation needed to give slimming world a full go and never looked back, no secret diet drops, no wraps, no juiceplus just done it old school with a good eating plan and getting off my fat ass and joined a gym

Bokwa is so much fun, it's a workout that will have you smiling afterwards

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Before my hip got really bad I was hiking and doing competitive runs

We all here to motivate and inspire, definitely feel at home on here

Before my hip got really bad I was hiking and doing competitive runs

Good for you Beavis...
Just before I tackled my 1.5stone weight loss, an oblique tear suddenly appeared behind my knee!! The knee was big, swollen and very painful. Thankfully with a jab, rest and gentle walking it recovered; even though the consultant told me it wouldn't...I refused any intervention! So to be honest I don't have any problems and brisk walking is fine and causes me no problems but even so...just being careful I suppose.

Back