what weird and strange diets have you done previously

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
i did one whereby i had to eat French Onion Soup for a couple of days then chicken on a day then salad, it was really a strange one and i had terrible wind :eek:. i did loose a lot of weight over a couple of weeks.

i have done the usual- weight watchers, rosemary conelly, atkins.
i like my food to much to try the others where you just drink things and i know i wouldnt last 5 mins on them as i am an emotional eater.
ww- i kept going over points, rc - to low in calories for me was hungry all the time and atkins i just loved but missed crunchy foods i.e toast. i get bored very quickly on diets and start thinking about the things i cant have so i think sw is the bestest as i can have anything really

speaking of Atkins, i did this a few years ago. And i kept smelling the most awful type of smell in the toilet and i was convinced that my cat had wee'd in the bathroom. kept bleaching the floor and smelling the tiles but couldnt work out what it was. Hubby couldnt smell anything when he was in there.
then the penny dropped that the only time i smelt it, was when i went to the wee, and it was me. i stopped Atkins from that day and would never do it again, plus my breath was rank. (TMI)

Atkins made me have terrible headaches for a few weeks and i was constipated beyond belief! Did loose weight though. SW is soooo much better!

Atkins made me have terrible headaches for a few weeks and i was constipated beyond belief! Did loose weight though. SW is soooo much better!

plus there is the added benefit of speaking to all the lovely people on the SW site. :D

I did Atkins - lost quite a lot and didn't have any of the weird side effects, which was lucky really. Didn't fit well with me being a skint student in the end though.

I once did a diet which someone at work told me was written by the British Heart Foundation and given to heart surgery patients to lose weight fast before an op. It consisted of very little amounts - dry toast, tuc crackers, cottage cheese, tuna...

Oh yes! I totally love green days now too and strangly enough I struggle with red days (which is weird considering i done the atkins diet for like...5 months!)

The strangest one I ever did was Lighter Life, lost weight very quickly was incredibly badly constipated, i.e. crying with pain on the loo, even though I drank water constantly. I had to stop after 3 months because of lack of money and gained the weight back more quicly than I lost it as soon as I ate normal food.

I've done all the usual suspects, WW, RC, Atkins, Slimfast. I loved Atkins and lost tons of weight, I loved the food and ate well and once I'd got over the ketosis bit it wasn't too bad. I only stopped as I didn't think it was a particularly healthy way of eating long term but I did like it.

Strange ones I have done include the heart foundation (supposedly!) mentioned above with cottage cheese, beetroot, tuna and other weird combinations and the wonderful (yuk) cabbage soup diet. Oh my god, I did this for weeks, I couldn't ever ever eat cabbage soup again!!

SW rules for sure!

I lost 6 stones in 6 months on the Atkins diet and luckily never regained it, however, i ended up in hospital and had to have my gall bladder out because of it!!!

The other crazy one i have done is chicken, protein shakes and thermogenics when i was literally body building - silly, silly, silly - will never do that again!

The strangest one I ever did was Lighter Life, lost weight very quickly was incredibly badly constipated, i.e. crying with pain on the loo, even though I drank water constantly. I had to stop after 3 months because of lack of money and gained the weight back more quicly than I lost it as soon as I ate normal food.
Yep i'd agree. Lost 4 stone, didn't realise i actually looked pretty good, went back to my normal eating (i.e too much!) and stacked all of it plus a little more on...oh and ended up with gallstones!

I've done the usual-
Unislim, Rosemary Conley, W.Watchers, Ligher life, Cambridge diet, Lipo-trim, Calorie counting, Slimming world, Detox/fruit diets for like 4-5 days, Atkins, Low GI, Low carb etc
Gosh it is shocking isn't it like! x

I tried the Beyonce lemonade diet, you add the maple syrup, cayenne pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice to water and have no food at all. She apparently lost 22lbs in 10 days. Well she's got to have no taste buds at all. Erghh! was really horrible, kept it up for a few days but the pepper burnt my throat and I phsycally could not drink it, and the weight loss was very minimal.
x

The egg diet,grapefruit diet, WW, Atkins, apple diet, Slimming World had put paid to them all. (oh and Slimming Magazine, what happened to that?)

Eco-Atkins, as in Atkins, without the meat. It was in one of the womens mags and you lose upto 7lbs in 7 days. Worse 7 days off my life. PUt it all back on with a celebratory kebab lol

As a teen, I had my mam's "diet" strategies, which included such things as: "Drinking lemon tea before every meal will help you lose weight as the acid burns the fat away". Surprisingly, it didn't work.

She also regularly tells the tale of a woman she used to work with who covered her face with chip fat at night and "never had a wrinkle". :D

I did Rosemary Connelly and did lose weight but had horrifically unpleasant wind and I craved terribly. I've also done Atkins but boy did I stink and was constipated. In the early 80's I did the "Dolly Parton Diet" and I can't remember much about that one apart from the giant pot of cabbage soup on the stove that I ate throughout the day. I also did Slimming Magazine, back in the early-mid 90's, when it was calorie counting (not fat units as it changed to later). I lost nearly 4 stone but did gradually put it back on when I wasn't controlling my eating anymore, but that's hardly surprising, it was my fault, not the diet.

Back in the 70s, my mother took me to 'Overeaters Anonymous' which is sort of like Alcoholics Anonymous, but for compulsive overeaters. I wasn't even that big, and didn't have a compulsive eating problem. I'm not sure why we were there, I don't know if she wanted to lose weight herself (she wasn't big) or if it was a ploy to get me there. It seems very weird now thinking about it... I was only like 12 years old at the time!

Back