What wine brands can be consumed?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by amyelliex, 17 March 2011 Social URL.

1. amyelliex

amyelliex Member

So it's paddys night tonight and i would like to drink, but don't want to drink anything 'hard' like vodka. What brands of wine can i drink and how much? only on day three and not in ketosis yet but don't want to delay it.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SummerRain

SummerRain Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.5%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Any drink would delay it I would think and if you are in ketosis or on the way to ketosis you could end up very poorly drinking on such low cals and carbs.

4. cybill

cybill Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(14.43%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I really wouldn't go for wine and just packs, you could end up really ill - it is just not a good combination. Even if you went for something like Vodka & diet coke - alcohol and vlcd without any extra food is really a no no.

5. Blue Butterfly

Blue Butterfly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(22.45%)
    I agree with the others, drinking alcohol while doing a vlcd is really a bad idea whether you are in ketosis already or not.

6. karenlisa

karenlisa Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.47%)
    Hi amyelliex, i have drank wine on a vlcd on a few occasions, the result being i get kicked out of ketosis, i have to say i feel fine but it is dangerous and i always feel i need to eat. I'am also going out 2nt and i will have a couple of vodka and diet cokes but i'am sure it won't be worth it!

7. Chunky Madwife

Chunky Madwife Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(10.65%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    I have had wine on this diet (had a glass or two on three different days last week). I have been fine, although loss did slow for the week (i lost 5.5lb over a two week period).

I felt that it did go right to my head and wouldn't have chanced anymore than that as I know it can de dangerous.

I went for white wine, as i thought that Rose would have too much sugar in it.

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    What wine can be consumed? NONE

There's a sticky thread you might want to read about the dangers of drinking on a VLCD. It's a real no no

If you're going to drink you should get yourself out of ketosis first

9. BadgerPixie

BadgerPixie Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.69%)
    Diet:
    Diet Chef/Exante
    I had to have some on Friday night, as it was the wine tasting for my wedding - I had about the equivilant of 9 mouthfuls of wine (sipped each time, but a few sips of each 'flavour') and I was *so* so so drunk. I was literally lying on the floor laughing and made a right fool of myself (thank goodness it was just me, the OH, my brother and sister in law!! :eek:).
    Its really not worth it imho - it was tuesday before I felt anywhere near human again, talk about KILLER hangover!! (especially without a bacon sandwich to help it out). And also, had I been in my own house (and knew where the food was) I probably would have eaten my own body weight in anything really, crisps, chocolate, biscuits, cheese, salami, toast - whatever I could have gotten my hands on.
    Sooooooo not worth it!! :cry:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.