What works best for you?

Jacq81

From i started i've always done extra easy, my weight loss was fab and the past 2 wks hasn't been great even tho i've stuck to plan.
After chatting to a friend i'm experimenting with green and red days now as the x2 A's and x2 B's are quite appealing (i try to be syn free all day and use them for a little something at night)

So far i've had 1 green day :p today is a green day too lol
yesterday was
Porriage (27g packet)
150ml skimmed milk (HXA)
art sweetner
cinnamon & Fresh rasberries

lunch
lentil soup with some left over mashed potatoes to thicken a bit more

snack
vanillia mullerlight
banana

coffee with mum (using my HXA ration)
alpen light (HXB)

dinner
rice, quorn chilli topped with hommus (from sw mag)
salad with cheese (HXA)

coffee and other alpen bar

i used 50ml more milk (silly silly silly) so i've my syns at 1syn for all day yesterday?

Just wanted to ask do you see good results with green days? just read someone's post who said they see better results with red days.
Just would love this week to see 1lb at least off!:confused:

Hey

I'm was the same as you i did extra easy but then stopped losing even though i stick to plan 100%. I do Green Days now and i lose between 1-2lbs usually. Some people do lose more on Red days because you don't have the carbs from pasta ect. Hope that helps :D

I started off doing Extra Easy, but I've been doing Red days quite a lot recently. Last weigh in was * week and I lost 1.5 lbs - last time it was * week I only lost half a lb, but I need to give it a full week to know if my losses are definitely improving.

Don't get me wrong, I did have decent losses on Extra Easy, but I was finding it really annoying making sure I was definitely having my one third superfree.

After a week on this I might go back to EE again, because with red days, if you want pasta, it has to me wholemeal for it to be considered a healthy extra (which I hate) and I miss pasta!! :D

I prefer green days but I watch my portions of carbs and try to fill my plate with lots of veg and salad xx

afternoon thank you all for that! have not stopped eating today : (
don't know what the bloomin hell is going on but to be fair it's been all free on green. but just can't stop lol
just stopped the ironing for a wee cuppa alpine bar
*esmie* sorry my 1 syn yesterday was for extra milk i had measured wrong had 400ml of skimmed instead of 350 : ( only had the extra cuppa as the milk was there

Please don't feel guilty for eating lots on SW... if you need to eat there's plenty there to choose from and if you're full then all the better for it lol! xx

thanks rumble tummy lol your names very apropriate for me right now ; )
always associate eating loads with being bad ; )
thankfully my coffee and alpine light seem to have helped, went online to fill in my food diary and doesn't seem too bad written down lol

For me all the plans work just as well as the other, I just do whatever fits in with my life really lol.

I lost my first 3stone on just green though, so that defo works. First week of doing EE I lost 6lb. Red is good too but personally couldn't do it everyday. Just try them all and see which you like best!

i agree with a bit of rotation, i do mainly green but try and do one red a week

i think snacking on red seems harder !! dont ask me why though lol x

Well you could get some syn free ham,cooked chicken breast,chicken legs with the skin taken off and leave them in the fridge for when the munchies come along. Or crab sticks to munch on. Just an example of red day snacks if this helps

I couldn't seem to get my head around EE so I've gone back to mostly green with the odd red day. I find if I weigh the day after I've had pasta I seem to have gained but if I weigh after a red day I've always lost. I think I'm carb sensitive so red days help my weightloss but I don't feel as satisfied as I do on green.

Hi supergran (from Hollys nan) LOL. I am exactly the same, had mostly red days this week, but last night just needed carbs so had mince (HEB) and a load of brown rice. Could have just carried on eating the rice, sometimes only carbs will do. And like you I like to have a red day the day before W I. I will have my W I tomorrow so we shall see what the scales say

some days i do have syns but mainly it's 5.5 a day (2 finger kit kat and coffee when the kids have gone to bed!) but when i was doing the green day the 2 alpine bars replaced my treat with coffee. I've bought those carbury's light mousse to have with some strawberries and still haven't got stuck into them lol

oooh holly's nan i'm gonna try red days tomorrow and tuesday, (i weigh in on wed morn) and see what happens although today sounds silly but i can really feel a little weight loss (first time lol) i'm 15 stone and a half a pound and i've been BUSTING to see the number 14 for nearly 3 weeks now

I'm doing a week on red and weigh-in on a Friday, so will report back and let you know if it's a winner :) - got to say though, I'm rather enjoying red and I'm a carb freak! xx

hey stefaine your weight loss has been fabulous my targets resemble yours get below 15 stone! at the start and the those big numbers you must have been so chuffed, were you on red days for those?

some days i do have syns but mainly it's 5.5 a day (2 finger kit kat and coffee when the kids have gone to bed!) but when i was doing the green day the 2 alpine bars replaced my treat with coffee. I've bought those carbury's light mousse to have with some strawberries and still haven't got stuck into them lol

I would really suggest using more syns we are allowed up to 15 a day and Id say use them. Theres lots of threads on here about it and it helps in the long run as its stops the feeling of deprivation. Also if you start on minimum syns then you don't have the option to reduce as you go along your journey :)

Back