What would you do if you were me?

Right I have done three weeks of SS and apart from the one emotional meltdown I have been fine - still been 100% from day one.
I am going on holiday to Devon on 15th Aug, which is 8 and a half weeks away.
I would like to eat sensibly while I am away, but with treats in moderation. e.g. 1 takeaway, healthy barbeques, 1 meal out, 1 cream tea (eek - only 1), no booze because I don't drink, anyway, there is also a possibility that we will be trying for a baby when we get back.
I want to be as low as I can before I go, however, I don't want my body to go into shock and store carbs like a mad squirrel for 2 weeks, putting on 12lb or something.
So I guess I should come up the plans a bit to give myself an adjustment time before the hols.
Would you go longer and then just go 810 week and then 1000 week then hols, meaning I can SS up until 2 weeks before.
Or.. maybe SS+, 810 week, then 1000, then 1200 meaning SS ends a month before holiday (this scares me a bit to be honest lol
Any tips?

She is quite a new counsellor and I don't think she is 100% sure which way would be the best option tbh. There was a bit of humming and ahhing... maybe it is because I am several weeks off that point yet, but I like to plan ahead.

I don't know either but people said to me to just keep the carbs to a minimum. You could in all honesty do without the cream tea and save that treat for when you reach goal. Chicken tikka from Indian without rice and sauce is low carb. Barbeques are great too. My CDC said you could put on 7lb a week so I would just be careful. I'm going for 3 weeks and I'm in the same boat too. Difficult isn't it? Wish I'd started this on New Year's Day!

Cambridge says you should spend at least 2 weeks on each step when going up the plans. You should still lose, hopefully. A woman needs around 2000 calories a day to maintain. Good luck and I hope the holiday goes well:D

The take away would be fish and chips, not a curry.
I really hope I don't put on 7lb a week, that would be ridiculous!
I was just going to following SW or WW while I was away, but save up syns or points for the treats.
I don't want ot blow everything, but on the other hand I don't want to have to make myself miserable on my only holiday. I could wait until goal to have a cream scone, it is just that it is a lovely thing to do when in Devon, and there is a fab place we go to and they are divine. Hence why I was only going to go once, not 4 or 5 times like we usually do. LOL.
Maybe I should pop to the nearest Boots and weigh myself on arrival, then just pop back there every 4 days or something, just to keep an eye on things. Maybe I will be so slim by then I won't feel like eating anything... doubt it mind.

Personally, if I were you I would stick to SS until 3 weeks before hand and then move to SS+ for those 3 weeks. I have had better losses on SS+ anyway. Plus it will get you used to eating again, but not binging.

I know you feel focused on SS and people think 'SS+ won't make me lose control' but it has for some and being honest I find I am more tempted to pick (haven't! but am more tempted) on SS+.

Then on hols I would make sure I did as much exercise in the form of walking around as possible and be good as much as I could.
If you do put on 7lbs, it's not 7lbs of fat! It drops quite quickly.

Not advocating stopping the diet, but you obviously want to have a little break to enjoy it and that's entirely your decision. Others have done it with minimal weight gain and got back on the CD wagon afterwards.

Have a fun time!

Hey,
By then you may already be at goal.... If you have 8 1/2 weeks to go you could lose another 2 stone.. Are you planning to go back to cd after your hols.. if so why do you need to go up the plans.. You could just start introducing food a few weeks before, perhaps go on 810, then 1000... You really need a cdc to give the best advice.. but if your planning on going back to cd after hols I dont see why you need to go up the plans but I could be wrong.
xx

Ahh i see. I guess it depends on the weight. If I do get to goal or near I will obviously be maintaining - however that works with CD. I am far more familiar with WW or SW so I just thought I would be eating healthily that way. I guess it all amounts to the same, whichever way you claim to be maintaining. My usual healthy eating day would be
Porridge
Wholemeal sandwich with tuna lettuce and onion
Jacket potato and beans
I guess that is acceptable on most maintaining plans.
Depends on the whole baby thing too. I certainly would want to have my weight monitored by someone through the pregnancy, lol. Not going through that again!

* I have weigh in today, and it is looking like about 2.5 or 3lb I think.
I would guess my losses will be low ones from now on in, 2lbs to 3lbs etc. Which would make me about 10st 9lb for my hols. Unless of course I get some much welcomed Whooshes.

Last edited:
Hi Tinka, its my birthday when you go on holiday so i can chum you if you like for this. I lost weight last year for the big 40 but would like to get to target for this years birthday. You and I started at the same time and i know by the time my CDC comes off hol and i have WI on Tues my losses will really slow down too. I'm hoping to stay on SS for another two weeks but dont know if my resolve will last much longer.

if your going to be close to goal then, i agree with curly....you should start working up the plans with a mind to maintain.....but watch those take-aways...fish and chips are crippling in terms of calories/fat and carbs and you might have to accept that you will have a gain on the scales....cant cheat the scales...BUT...its all about being able to accept those gains if the food is what you want.
I'm sure there will be a cdc along that will able to advise you better....but might be worth taking some CD packs with you so you can always reign in a bit if necessary...
hth and hope you have a super holiday!!! I WANT ONE!!! lol ;)
xxxxx

Back