What would you tell a confused newbie?

Hel

Hi :)

I have toyed with doing CD for months now, but have never got around to it. I am (stupidly) really scared of feeling desperately hungry.

If you had a friend who was very overweight (6/7 stone overweight), sad that their weight was affecting their life, depressed by their size and aware that their weight was making them feel unwell, as well as affecting their fertility! What would you say to them if they asked you for help?

Would you quickly recommend cambridge?

I really want to lose weight, I feel so down. I have tried calorie counting, but I find that my portion sizes creep up and snacks start appearing through the day. There is a new ww class starting near me this week and I am tempted to join, but i've joined ww so many times and I always end up self-sabotaging after a 0.5lb weight loss (after being good all week). I am my own worst enemy.

Anyway, i'm sorry for waffling on. Any advice greatfully accepted :)

Thanks xxx

Hi

I would recommend Cambridge in a heartbeat.

I've dieted with varying degrees of success since 1991 when I was 16 years old. However I never managed to reach close to target, and would put it all back on plus more so that my "acceptable" top weight before I motivated myself to get on back the diet wagon again just went up and up. I made excuses not to go out with friends etc because I felt so ashamed of myself and I dreaded bumping into people I had not seen even just a few months previously.

I'd always start off well on other diets for the first stone or so, then I would plateau, give up and regain plus more.

Cambridge has enabled me to succeed where all else has failed - I have not lost super-fast compared with some folks on here but I have lost consistently. It has also made me examine my relationship with food and why I turn to it to fulfil needs other than hunger.

It is both the hardest and yet the easiest diet I have ever done.

All I can say is go for it and good luck whatever you decide xxx

Last edited:
In a heart beat.... this is not an easy diet by any means, are any???
you don;t feel hungry, you feel full even after a while, the rest is willpower and fighting your own head demons.....go for it, you'll wish you;d tried it years ago, i know i do......20lbs down in 5 weeks....

Im only in day 5 but i would recommend the diet (from my scales ive lost 7 pounds already, thats a loss of 1.3 pounds a day). Not so sugar coat anything i have felt starving since ive started the diet, but i have no eaten something because if you want something bad enough, you will work through it. I am sure also that i am still in the beginning stadges and the hunger will go :D.

Hope this helps xx

I can honestly say Cambridge has changed my life, my only regret is not finding it sooner.

Back