Whats all this about water weight?

catty cat

HI everyone im new on here have just lost a stone and a half on celeb slim and the atkins diet in 8 weeks i started at 14'3 and am now 12'12 so now ive done the low carb i decided to try the cambridge again as i was getting fed up of meat! My question is everyone keeps telling me how dangerous the cambridge is and that il just lose water weight! how can this be when im drinking gallons of the stuff! im on day 3 of sole source plus and its going well hopefully going to alternate between ss and sole source+!

hi.x People who don't understand CD often spout this nonsense. The first week's loss contains a certain amount of retained water but after that it's fat loss. If you go to the cambridge website it gives all the information there about how it works.

Thanks for the quick reply! :)

I know its really doing my head in to be honest! But spurring me on to do well and show them! What about starvation mode because we have so little calories? Is this nonesense too! i went to my boyfriends mums on sat night and i got all this off everyone! Just want to understand it better so at least i can explain! I know all the things about ketosis as have been doing low carb for a few months. Have you had this from people? If so what do you say? will look on the site too! thanks xx

Also i still having coke zero and odd piece of chicken. I know this is against the rules but im still ketosis as it doesnt affect me and the coke is zero cals! With the chicken too i walk to work everyday which is four miles so gather il be burning that off too! xx

HI . Grrr to people who know nothing about CD and feel they can lecture you on it !! Water weight is lost in first 4 days along with your carb store as Gg says . CD will not put you into starvation mode , it contains the exact amount of calories , nutrients and vitamins to prevent this , which is why it is important that you have the correct amount of packs a day .
Coke zero is known to be ok ocassionally as long as you are aware that it is not recommended as it can cause hunger in some people . as for the chicken if you read up on the SS+ allowances so you know what is ok now and again :)

I go into a full lecture when people give me grief lol they often wish they hadnt said anything ha ha xx

Starvation mode ARGH!!!

Its largely a myth that I'm sick of hearing about! It exists but not in people with lots of weight to lose, those doing VLCD or even just self made low cal diets are not in danger of our body eating itself etc etc. VLCD and TFR diets include advice etc on refeeding so that your slightly lower metabolic rate is kick-started before you start eating "normally" again.

Water weight is lost in the first few days of most diets, its not all you will lose by any means and VLCD and TFR's are very forceful on making sure you know to get adequate water so you don't dehydrate yourself.

Sorry, a slight highjack but all the stupid myths are doing my head in! My weight loss has slowed down and I am sick of being told that I'm not eating enough to lose weight!!! Grrrr

Good luck on your weight loss

I know its so annoying! you have done so well! how long has it taken for you to lose all that weight and what part of cambridge are you on now? I think im going to stick with sole source plus, i have to be realistic and i need that bit of food to look forward to! As for the diet coke my hungers pretty limited at the mo anyway with doing the low carb which is great so i dont think itl make me eat if anything, i think itl help its like having a treat :) Im loving the cambridge bars they are so much nicer than the atkins ones! Do you do any exercise? I am going to walk to work everyday (4 miles) and do my exercise dvd every other day if i can! i so need to be under 12 for christmas!!! :) x

Haha i find it hard not to be off with people when they start! Honest saturday night i was well peed off! Thanks for all the replys ppl il be storing them for the next person who wants to lecture me! they can get ready haha! thinking of going into diet coma till the next get together! work hard at my diet and exercise hard then turn up all thin and be like... starvation mode?...water weight?... Whatever!!! lol x

Cat crazy well done! when i was doing the atkins earlier this month my weight loss slowed down one week i lost a pound! i was gutted till i looked at what a pound of fat looks like! we are all guilty of been to hard on ourselfs sometimes! a loss is a loss! an a pound is huge! :) x

I have lost 32lb in 8 weeks and 17 inches - my BMI has gone from 31 to 26 :) and most weeks I have had the odd bit of chicken so most the time SS but sometimes SS+ xx

Wow moley mole thats great your so good! Do you do any exercise? In the 71 days ive been on various low carb diets ive not cheated once and i swear i wont on this. Its my fourth time on the cambridge an have never got past a week! day four today! weigh in on tues or wed as my cdc is going away for two weeks eeeek! going to stock up tho an get support from here :) x

I hadn't done any but started the 30 day shred 9 days ago and its really helped. look up Laurens diary on here - she has done fantastically lost over 40lb in 8 weeks - she's an inspiration to look at x and she exercises loads aswell x

Back