Whats best?

slimming deb

Hello, I have never tried CD before I am due to meet my CDC on Saturday for the first time, I have been reading alot if posts trying to get a feel of what to expect. Can anyone suggest what the best shakes , soups and porridges are? As I know I wi be asked to pick some saturday . I will get shakes etc sat but start diet Monday And weigh on Monday's from then onwards x

HI Deb - well done on taking the first step.

Everyones different as to what they like. Have a good look at the list and think about what you might like best - try those flavours first. Also do you have a kitchen at work? if not you might try the ready made shakes like I do. As a rule most people dont like the tomato soup (I do though!) In fact the only soup I dont like is Leek and Potato which seems to be V popular with everyone else! Find a few you do like and try a enw thing every week after that after all then its only one thing and not a whole weeks worth! Your CDC should let you swap too! Dont worry you'll be fine :D

Hello Deb,

Good luck with your first CDC appointment and well done for taking the plunge onto the diet!! :)

My first week, I got lots of different flavours of the milkshakes, soups and porridges, just so that I could have a go and see what I liked.

Now I have a few flavours which I use to get me through, but I try and make it up so that I have a porridge for breakfast, shake for lunch and soup for dinner so that there is the variety - although some people will just buy chocolate shakes for the whole week! its whatever gets you through really.

I love the apple & cinnamon porridge, Veggie soup and chicken & mushroom soup (the others are icky - to me only though you might like them) and most flavours of shake (except walnut and chocolate orange)

Thank you both for your comments and advice . I think I want variety and was going to do porridge shake and soup same as you , will have to see how I go with it . I have mixed feelings at moment excited and nervous to start but I most worried about not having coke (the drink) I'm a bit of an addict and will really struggle with just water ha ha x

Hey good on ja for taking the first step... i used to drink atleast 1l of coke a day a big reason for the weight i am now and that is what i worried about missing the most at first but it has actually not been so bad i did struggle the first few days with the water intake but i manage easily now... good-luck be sure to post how ja getting on.

Yes so many calories in coke but love it but I guess it has to go although I don't mind diet coke but believe that not allowed too awww :eek:( x

i only have shakes, dont like the porridge or soup, as for flavours i think its just down to your taste x

Teeyore said:
i only have shakes, dont like the porridge or soup, as for flavours i think its just down to your taste x

Yeah I think looks like I need try all and find out what works for me , so many people do it differently still looking forward to starting :)

I'm just finishing day 3 and had a massive addiction to diet coke before starting this!! I found yesterday a struggle but have tried sipping on fizzy water to just bring the feeling of having something different to plain water and I just close my eyes and pretend it's diet coke haha!! It's maybe worth a try :) xx

Spring yes spring lol is just around the corner and you will be so pleased you started the diet Monday and stopped drinking the coke...good luck :)

Oh dear I was hoping you would say 1 can a day would be ok! Ha ha thanks for the support good to know I'm not the only diet coke addict having to stop ! X

I thank God for water flavoring in fizzy water!!! not quite pepsi but hits the spot just about xx

Im not sure about the water flavourings your CDC may offer them to you after 2 weeks but maybe you can have them now not to sure on that... i know diet drinks are a big NO but if you really feel you need to have one make it coke zero rather than diet coke something to do with citric acid i read it on here in a couple of posts. But try stick to water and lots of it =)

It will get easier I'm sure!! I really fancied a can last night but drank a litre of water and felt too full to be tempted!! We can do it Hun :) x

I will try my best to stop the coke thanks for support guys ! I'm really not a water fan I like lemon and line squash at a maximum ha will be hard but results will spur on I hope , hope you guys doing well today meet my CDC tomorrow nervous ! X

Deb, maybe you should work your way down the plans to SS so that you can wean yourself off the coke rather than just go cold turkey. On some higher steps you are allowed low calorie squash in your water...

I'm quite keen to do 3 a day shakes etc as I weight 13.9 ish I think so I think I would not get the losses in looking for if I have more than this ? I not really sure x

Just go for it hon, cold turkey, right in there. Expect the first few days to be hell on earth. Have painkillers ready for the carb withdrawal headache which will start to hit you around the end of day 1, day 2. If you survive the first 3 days, it get so much easier. I'm on week 4 now and I hardly think about food, it's just a way of life.

All I have are ready made shakes and bars, you can have the bars after week 2. I hate the normal shakes, the soups and porridge, but if I have to survive on chocolate tetras for the next 6 months then so be it :D

Good luck, keep posting, you'll get great support!!! It's not going to be easy, but it#ll be so so worth it :D

Thanks scooter chick if I going to do this then your right better to jump into it feet first and get rid of all that is bad I will get fizzy water to have the bubble feeling ha ha your going very well I will keep following your process you will inspire many ! Thanks for the pep talk looking forward to stoppin the junk to be honest sounds strange to say but I had enough of it and feel slow and sodgy x

Back