Whats for breakfast?

Honeydew melon chunks followed by pepper, mushroom and onion omelette and a cup of green tea xxxx
DSCF3341.jpg

Poached eggs on asparagus & toast (HexB) and a cup of green tea yum! (thanks to ginlin for the inspiration!) xxxx

DSCF3348.jpg

Wholemeal roll (HexB) filled with 2 x Light Choices Cumberland Pork Sausages (1 syn) and tomatoe ketchup (1 syn)

Weetabix (hexb)
semi skimmed milk (hexa)
mullerlight
banana

was hungry thus morning, but got busy morning so will keep me going.

Like the look of the poached egg,how do you do them please x

Hi hun, i just bung them in a pan of hot swirling water with a little vinegar but i have looked this up for you, hope it helps:

The perfect poached egg

Large pinch of salt
1 large fresh egg, preferably organic
1 drop of malt or white wine vinegar (optional)

1. Half fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add a hefty pinch of salt.

2. Meanwhile, crack the egg into a small jug or bowl and add a drop of vinegar.

3. Stir the boiling water vigorously with a balloon whisk until you have a whirlpool then immediately slip the egg into the centre, lowering the jug a couple of centimetres into the water.

4. Turn the heat down low, and cook for three minutes – use a timer to prevent overcooking.

5. Drain the egg on kitchen paper, and serve immediately. If you're poaching it in advance, drop it straight into a bowl of iced water instead, or it will carry on cooking; to reheat, simply warm the egg through in a pan of gently simmering water.

Happy poaching!:D
xxxx

Wholemeal roll (HexB) filled with 2 x Light Choices Cumberland Pork Sausages (1 syn) and tomatoe ketchup (1 syn)

Ooh Ginlin are the sausages only 0.5 syn each? I've been syning them at 1 each! I don't have official SW access though so my info could be out of date!

Ooh Ginlin are the sausages only 0.5 syn each? I've been syning them at 1 each! I don't have official SW access though so my info could be out of date!

Funnily enough, I started questioning myself about this yesterday, after seeing a recipe in the new little book of lunches that included the Lighter Choices Cumberland Pork Sausages and they were counted as 1 syn each, as not other ingredients had a syn value.

Online lists them as half a syn, as does the food directory, but now you mentioned it, I will work out the syns online and let you know.

Funnily enough, I started questioning myself about this yesterday, after seeing a recipe in the new little book of lunches that included the Lighter Choices Cumberland Pork Sausages and they were counted as 1 syn each, as not other ingredients had a syn value.

Online lists them as half a syn, as does the food directory, but now you mentioned it, I will work out the syns online and let you know.

Just used the online syns calculator, and they work out at 1 syn each, so, I have emailed SW to check the correct syn value of them.

Back