Whats for breakfast?

I love a hot breakfast- usually just porridge and leave the dish to soak!
Have you seen the SW breakfast cups? You make them in advance than just blast in the microwave- they're a little like quiche but more breakfasty!

I have tried them yes, I did enjoy them actually so might do those again. :)

Eating breakfast now. I've got overnight oats made with Apple Crumble Muller Light, 25g raisins (3.5 syns) and a large chopped apple. It tastes so good it's blowing my mind, I felt I had to post this! Yum!

Last edited:
I always struggle for breakfast but I recently discovered this recipe which I turn into a yummy, filling (and syn free!) treat!

I just substitute olive oil for frylight and chorizo for bacon medallions. I also leave out the peppers but that's just me.

It takes a little longer to prepare but it's perfect for the weekend or if you have a bit more time in the morning. :)

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/139905/Sweet-potato-and-chorizo-hash

That looks really nice, thanks for the link! I wouldn't have thought of using sweet potatoes but I like the idea. I think it would be nice cold too if you left out the eggs so might give this a go as it could make a nice lunch. I'm running out of lunch ideas at the moment (today I have a 1 syn noodle pot and some chopped raw vegetables, hardly insptired!) so this might mix things up a bit :)

Ham and mushroom omelette today so overnight oats for lunch :)

Attachments

• IMG_0236.JPG
    IMG_0236.JPG
    853.3 KB · Views: 16
i'll probably have porridge 40g hexb porridge oats, frozen raspberries [free] morrisons granulated sweetener [free - and I checked this as some aren't! :O] alpro soya milk, 1.5 syns as I save my hex a semi skimmed for my drinks [250ml]
I love my porridge :D

Last edited:
Thanks poppet! I find it's the only breakfast that keeps me satisfied until lunchtime. I'm not sure about cheerios, my guess is probably not but great tweak!! :)

Overnight oats is my go to breakfast. Except at the weekends when I have more time (it will be the other way about soon as I work in a touristy sort of job) when I whip up a couple of eggs and put a huge dollop of quark in there and make omlette. I add mushrooms, peppers and all sorts, sometimes a chopped up quorn sausage too. On a really hungry morning, or when this lot is brunch as I've got up too late to think about calling it breakfast, I add some baked beans for extra fullness. Gorgeous. It's really cheesy without using extra cheese from my HEXA.

Hi,

Seeing as we have a lunch & tea thread I thought I'd start a breakfast one. Breakfast is one of those meals that I sometimes think is a bit boring so would like some ideas.

Today I have had 42g all bran with a kiwi & banana on top with milk from allowance
I fancy banana straberries and yoghurt

My fav breakfast is 1 slice of wholemeal break (I prefer 1 large slice to 2 from a smaller loaf) toasted and "buttered" with a laughing cow cheese triangle (1.5 syns), topped with a slice of ham, handful of spinach, salt/pepper and a dry fried egg. Its lovely and really filling, keeps me going until lunchtime.

I tend to prepare fresh fruit salad for 2-3 days so in the morning I have it with plenty of 0% greek yogurt (free) - delicious, filling, healthy and syn-free!

i'll probably have porridge 40g hexb porridge oats, frozen raspberries [free] morrisons granulated sweetener t bit too eggy for me. [free - and I checked this as some aren't! :O] alpro soya milk, 1.5 syns as I save my hex a semi skimmed for my drinks [250ml]
I love my porridge :D
Yesterday i had the 2 egg and banana pancake ok but bit too eggy for me

Back