What's for dinner tonight?

Lady_Amalthea said:
I had a baked potato filled with tuna mayo & a side salad including light coleslaw. Yummy!

Ooo this does sound yummy! I had quorn fillet, baby new pots, broccoli, leeks, carrot and sweede mash, was particulary yummy!

Lots of lovely veg in your dinner - good for you! hehe x

So many tasty looking meals here :) should be good for some food inspiration.

Tonight I think I shall be having roast chicken, spicy cous cous and lots of salad. :)

i have a turkey curry in the slow cooker, (turkey, red pepper, courgette, red onion, tinned toms and spices). i will have mine with brocolli and cauli and he will have rice with his. Smells yummy!

Im making chicken breast strips in a whole grain pita with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers croutons and a dash of greek dressing :) and maybe some white sticky rice :)

salmon and sweetcorn

we had easter dinner with the family tonight, roasted turkey ( skipped the skin) , mashed potatoes, corn and a splash of gravy for me :)

A disgustingly unhealthy BBQ was my dinner last night :( I had all these plans to keep it healthy and it went out the window for a burger and 2 sausages and a slice of strawberry gateaux! Would have been better if I'd skipped the buns for them, don't even want to think how bad it was! But at least I'd had nothing else that day bar a packet of Quavers, so should still be under a reasonable number of calories! But to be honest, I don't really care. Yes I may not lose so much this week, but I had a really nice day with my family. I didn't sit and worry about what to eat, I just enjoyed myself and I'm not going to start worrying about it now! I think I'll just try and get in some extra exercise today in an attempt to counterbalance at least a bit!

My boyfriend, who only started being a vegetarian 2 weeks ago, made me a rather bizarre dinner last night of hash browns, mini veg spring rolls, cauliflower cheese & broccoli with peas,carrots & sweetcorn. I only ate about half of it - all the veg but left some hash brown & spring rolls cause I wasn't feeling them haha.

Anyway, I am flat broke til Thursday now so need to use up what I have in the flat so it's a steamed sausage casserole for me tonight with mixed veg.

kids are dissapointed we had turkey instead of ham for dinner ... so ill put a small ham in the croc with some steamed broccoli ( cheese sauce is a must im afraid) and prolly mashed cause its a part of ham at our house :)

i had pork loin chops with all the fat cut off, dipped in egg and then covered in dry stuffing and baked in the oven. had it with brocolli, sauerkraut, gravy and i must confess to having 5 chips!

Wuhh, fell of the band wagon a bit over the last few days and had one too many easter eggs! Back on plan from today onwards though, I shall be making some sticky sesame chicken skewers, cous cous and salad! Yum!

LuhLuhLoser said:
Wuhh, fell of the band wagon a bit over the last few days and had one too many easter eggs! Back on plan from today onwards though, I shall be making some sticky sesame chicken skewers, cous cous and salad! Yum!

They sound yummy, how do you make them?

They sound yummy, how do you make them?

1 or 2 tbs Soy Sauce
1 or 2 tbs honey
1 tbs tomato puree
1 tsp of olive oil/sesame oil

Mix them all together, marinade the chicken (I use boneless skinless chicken thighs!) and then sprinkle on some sesame seeds and bake/grill/bbq. You can add some chilli/garlic/balsamic vinegar/ginger/five spice/dijon mustard/lemon etc so it's really versatile and you can make it to your preference. :)

im having left overs from yesterday!

pork loin in stuffing breadcrumbs, sauerkraut and brocolli! and im really looking forward to it!

Back