What's for dinner tonight?

I'm thinking 3 mushroom tagliatelle :D

Got a Fathers day thing at the in-laws today which will mean buffet... The f.i.l is a feeder! but obviously giving my health problem at the moment I should get away with not eating a lot and am going to have a small jacket potato with tuna before I go as not going until 3 o'clock and that should be ok for me as am on a little and often food intake at the moment.

X

How many calories are they Caroline?

Well, the McCains Rustic Chips are 101 calories per 100g frozen, potatoes are 75 calories per 100g so it's about that, plus a couple for the 1 cal spray so max 80 cals per 100g. It's not a huge saving on calories but I like mine a little thinner than they make them which is why I like making them sometimes.

Pasta in tomato and basil sauce here, don't fancy any chicken or anything in it today.

M&S Ready meal + strawberries, for dinner, Pasta 'n Sauce for lunch for Mrs Lazybones. ;)

Last edited:
Ha ha ha ha!!! I loves a lazy convenience food day!!! x

Bottle of Sauv Blanc, Gourmet burger, chips, onion rings and salad cream from Wetherspoons! And worth it it was too. Really fancied a good feed up.

Back to it tomorrow!

Sorry to quote myself but just checked the Wetherspoons site to see how many cals were in my burger and chips...1800 cals!! One day's worth of food in one meal. Sheesh! It's no wonder there's a bit of an obesity epidemic going on with those kind of values!

This is probably going to sound like a silly question but if you ate 1500 extra calories one day and are aiming to lose 1lb a week (-500 cals per day), do you set yourself back 3 days by eating 1500 cals too many one day?

Sorry to quote myself but just checked the Wetherspoons site to see how many cals were in my burger and chips...1800 cals!! One day's worth of food in one meal. Sheesh! It's no wonder there's a bit of an obesity epidemic going on with those kind of values!

This is probably going to sound like a silly question but if you ate 1500 extra calories one day and are aiming to lose 1lb a week (-500 cals per day), do you set yourself back 3 days by eating 1500 cals too many one day?

Sadly, and mathematically, yes. However, you can look at it as a 'maintenance' three days where you eat your maintenance calories, and so won't loose anything over that time. (Does that make any sense?)

Maybe you should do a weekly deficit, that way you can have treats like your big breakfast but just cut back the next few days.

For example if you aim to eat 2000 calories a day, (that's including you're deficit of 500 calories) then that's 14,000 calories a week you allow yourself. So instead of making it the same allowance of calories per day, you could have say, 1300 on monday, 1200 on tuesday, 2100 on Saturday, 1800 on Sunday etc - aslong as you don't go over 14000 calories over the whole week. Worth a try!

Sadly, and mathematically, yes. However, you can look at it as a 'maintenance' three days where you eat your maintenance calories, and so won't loose anything over that time. (Does that make any sense?)

Maybe you should do a weekly deficit, that way you can have treats like your big breakfast but just cut back the next few days.

For example if you aim to eat 2000 calories a day, (that's including you're deficit of 500 calories) then that's 14,000 calories a week you allow yourself. So instead of making it the same allowance of calories per day, you could have say, 1300 on monday, 1200 on tuesday, 2100 on Saturday, 1800 on Sunday etc - aslong as you don't go over 14000 calories over the whole week. Worth a try!

Ah such a pity! :( 3 days at maintenance doesn't sound as bad though :)

A good suggestion! I've also thought about calorie cycling. But you know...I really don't think I could do it. I really find even -500 cals per day hard sometimes, especially on the days where I don't exercise. I can't believe some of you girls get by on 1200 per day, I'd be a broken man. Part of me still has my 'old' mentality - I still want to eat like I did even though I realise that I need fewer calories now I'm smaller/lighter/weaker.

I like this forum. It's happy and nice. :)

Tonight:

Wafer ham, celery, light cream cheese, dash of honey+mustard dressing

Apple + strawberries + onken fat free yog

+

...a small glass of dry sherry :)

Tonight:

Wafer ham, celery, light cream cheese, dash of honey+mustard dressing

Apple + strawberries + onken fat free yog

+

...a small glass of dry sherry :)

You and your sherry! :D

Haha, it's the next best thing (calorie wise) to spirits!

...and I really like it :)

What's your favourite tipple?

red wine!!! also malibu and coke... but that's proper banned, not had it since I've been ccing... boo!!!

From what I've read happyhealthy will drink anything... preferably in a pint glass, lol!!! x

And will calorie count everything, and I mean EVERYTHING! :p

Back