What's for dinner tonight?

Unrelated to lemon curd....sorry......When I went to my mums yesterday she made grated carrot and little chunks of pineapple with a squeeze of orange juice from fresh orange as a little side salad.....incase u fancy trying something different! Was quite nice with BBQ meat. She also does this random thing with cold beans, a dollop of low fat Mayo and banana chopped in rounds. Apparently it's the south African in her. I like it but I grew up with it. WAs the first time for carrot thingy but I liked it.

Tonight I had chicken and peppers fried without oil with fajita spice mix and salad. Nice to mix up the salad sometimes

Legomom said:
Dunno but will almost certainly involve
c h i c k e n

I'm so bored of chicken. I'm worried that I'm gonna sprout feathers........

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What about meals with extra lean beef mince?

Elz0301 said:
What about meals with extra lean beef mince?

Oooh I love chilli and spag Bol and cottage pie but I'm soooooo not trustworthy with the rice, pasta, breads, sour cream etc part lol tho I did read somewhere on minimins there was a lady making cottage pie in little individual ramekins with WW spring onion mash and quorn?

Which gives me an idea for a kinda hotpot with lean mince loads of carrot celery maybe some baked beans in there too, sliced new potatoes and a layer of finely sliced leeks......

To make a chilli is really not that many calories. Uncle Bens do little boil in the bag portions of rice for 215 cals each, should be enough for you. I bet you could make a decent chilli for 500-600 calories including rice.

Or just have it with a big green salad.

I'VE JUST THOUGHT OF THE MOST AMAZING THING ON EARTH!!!!!

WW Lemon and Lime Mousses, 2 for £1 in Sainsburys and they're so f'ing good!! They're like 62 calories and really really zingy. Mmmmm I might go do the 14 mile round trip to Sainsburys now...

Want please!!

Unrelated to lemon curd....sorry......When I went to my mums yesterday she made grated carrot and little chunks of pineapple with a squeeze of orange juice from fresh orange as a little side salad.....incase u fancy trying something different! Was quite nice with BBQ meat. She also does this random thing with cold beans, a dollop of low fat Mayo and banana chopped in rounds. Apparently it's the south African in her. I like it but I grew up with it. WAs the first time for carrot thingy but I liked it.

Tonight I had chicken and peppers fried without oil with fajita spice mix and salad. Nice to mix up the salad sometimes

That sounds pretty nice actually. Kind of reminds me of one of my fave thai dishes - orange, carrot, chilli and prawn salad. I could munch on that alllllllll day long!

some nice dinner ideas im seeing :). I have an eat smart dinner from morrisons , lasagne then added a small amount of beans for a change, not had beans for a while, didnt enjoy then, taste mank lol. anywhoo it was 3 percent fat and had 450 including the beans which i mixed up so i didnt taste them too much. funny how your taste buds change when you havent had something for a while! Oh and a cup of tea around 22 cals i believe. with skimmed milk and half teaspoon of sugar. i used to take two sugars in my tea but i find even half a tea spoon seems ultra sugary now.

I've just said exactly the same, would be nice spread on the ryvita fruit crunch I've just eaten.

that sounds nice, have you tried the ryvita minis sweet chili flavour? they are so yummy!

Today it's chilli with loads of peppers and mushrooms, with rice, then a yoghurt.

Today I'm going to do raspberry chicken with onion, potatoes and carrots I think. I've still got a fair few calories left so I may have a pudding of Strawberry Crunch as I have now named it - strawberries, a little creme fraiche and broken up meringue... 102 calories and lush!

Roast chicken, salad and jacket potato. I've only had porridge (been mega busy at work ) so I'm starving!!!

chilli with lots of carrots, peppers and courgettes (my new fave vegetable!) with ainsley cous cous, and fruit for pudding. I have cals left so might have a snack later!

I'm going to chuck some oven chips in with my beefburger I think. It's surprising how few chips you get for your calories to be honest! This is the first time I've ever weighed oven chips out and it's a shocker!

I'm going to chuck some oven chips in with my beefburger I think. It's surprising how few chips you get for your calories to be honest! This is the first time I've ever weighed oven chips out and it's a shocker!

McCains Rustic chips are 101 cals per 100g, you get quite a lot for 200g, i often have 250g. They are really chunky and have the skins in, absolutely delish.

I make my own rustic chips using 1 cal spray... yummmmmm!!!

Just got in from a training course and I may eat my own arm so it's ready made for me lol piri piri chicken (155 cals....god bless captain Birdseye!) and my best discovery.....cheese an ham potato skins....155 for two from iceland lol I'm flinging a salad together while the ovens on. Then it's holby city time with a skinny cow dipper ice cream :) 65 cals and has CHOCOLATE on it!!! Well a chocolate like substance anyway........

I did on SW, oven chips are just so much quicker :eek:

True, but I like home made ones so much more!

I had chicken stir fry tonight, was 490 calories for a huge portion!

Just soup for me tonight if I decide to have anything, was really poorly earlier :-( dont feel much like eating at all for the rest of the day now x

Back