What's for dinner tonight?

Salmon fishcake and a lovely big salad. After eating badly for a couple of days this dinner was not only better for me but I think I actually enjoyed it more. Felt very satisfied but not sluggish or over full like I have been feeling.

*Michael* said:
I had a chicken stir fry!

I was happily cooking and eating along until I realised the cal content in sesame oil! Good job I 'only' put about 4 dessert spoonfuls in - 135 cal per tblspn! Jesus!

Good job I'd gone out for a 4 mile run earlier otherwise I'd be so far over my daily allowance I would have had to punch myself. In the face. Repeatedly.

Fry light is your freind lol I do so miss my oils tho :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tonight I ate at Strada for my birthday treat and sweet golly gosh it was delicious! I gave myself free reign to eat whatever I wanted and what did I order? Salad, vegetable pasta and sorbet! Because they genuinely sounded the nicest things there!

Fry light is your freind lol I do so miss my oils tho :(

Yep. Oil in a can for me tomorrow too. I knew 'proper' oil was going to be bad, I just didn't realise how bad! Ah well, still a hundred cals under my daily allowance. Shame it wasn't 500 under...could really go for some CHOCOLATE rightaboutnow :D

Gosh I didn't realise oil was so many cals!!! I do mostly use Frylight, but have used oil on the odd occasion.

*Michael* said:
Yep. Oil in a can for me tomorrow too. I knew 'proper' oil was going to be bad, I just didn't realise how bad! Ah well, still a hundred cals under my daily allowance. Shame it wasn't 500 under...could really go for some CHOCOLATE rightaboutnow :D

Green an blacks :) 20 cals a square!!

Gosh I didn't realise oil was so many cals!!! I do mostly use Frylight, but have used oil on the odd occasion.

That's what I thought too. I knew it'd be high, just didn't realise quite how high! Was expecting 50 cals per tblspn or so. Eeek!

Green an blacks :) 20 cals a square!!

Oh yeah, I'm already well familiar with Green and Blacks and supermarket equivalents of dark choc!

I've actually learned to love dark choc more than milk choc - it has so much more taste about it than milk choc which (IMO) can often taste quite bland. Still, nowt wrong with a Mars bar. Or Kinder Bueno! :cool:

I love kinder eggs :) my freakish youngest son likes the toys but not the chocolate :)

I'm fairly sure Kinder chocolate is laced with crack - one is never enough!

Salmon tonight...need something light after the weekend i've had.

Turkey, stir fried with some diced red onion and bell pepper, served up with some houmous in a wholemeal wrap! May have a side salad with it too.

Mmmmm salmon
Mmmmm hoummous
Mmmmm stirfry

I tried to recreate a fish an chip supper with what I had in fridge and failed quite epically :) it was nice just not the same as crispy golden cod in batter ;) fish cake peas and a few low fat chips.

Quorn Noodle Stir Fry for me - delish!

Oh yes, and the last little piece of my birthday cake. A definite one off but totally worth it. I've made it last ages and I'm just glad it's gone now!

I had baked potato with beans and a huge salad with a sprinkle of cheese on top.

Yesterday we had the most amazing tuna mushroom melt mmmmmmmmmmm didn't get that much for the calories though.

Back