Whats for tea tonight?

Im having chicken with something lol god knows what. My boys go out on a Sunday so i never bother making a Sunday roast just for me

Gonna try cooking mushroom and lentil bake tonight for Sunday dinner, with roasties, broccoli, carrots and gravy. Ahhh yes :)

jessikahlashes said:
Ahh don't worry! Newbee I messaged you the other day on here replying to questions you asked and didn't know wether you'd got it?! Don't want you to think I ignored you xx

Oh i literally just saw that message now hun, thanks a mill! Will reply shortly :)

Braising steak, that's in my slow cooker. Mash, peas, carrot and swede, sprouts and savoy cabbage!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!! X

Grizzly_man said:
I got the recipe from here but i can send you a copy if you like? I used the extra lean beef mince, wanted to use lamb but there's none under 5% fat anywhere so ill have to get a butcher to mince some lean jamb steaks, it's lovely with the beef though.

I just mixed a tbsp of light mayo with a crushed garlic clove and then a good dash of hot chilli sauce.

EDIT: just saw the recipe got posted, I doubled up on all the amounts apart from the salt.

Yum! I'm definitely going to make this! Do you have a food diary gizzly_man?

jessikahlashes said:
Ingredients:
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g/1.1 lb Lean lamb mince
Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F
In a large bowl, combine the dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.
Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray.
Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.
Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Slice the donner kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta, sw chips and salad with Fat Free Natural Yogurt mixed with garlic

Is thw lamb mince hard to find? So you syn it?

I buy my minced lamb from Asda I've never found "extra lean" so syn'd mine as 2 per 100g never made it using beef mince but will now

Having 2 linda m's red onion sausages, small aunt bessies yorkshire, syn free roasties, turnip broccolli carrots and brussels, and bisto gravy!! 4 syns for pud and gravy :)

Basic, Lamb, mince, less than 16% fat , 100g raw 2 syns
This is the lowest syn lamb mince I can see on the S W site

So in theory then there is no syn free lamb mince meaning the kebab recipe is not syn free x

MrsWilsoncroft said:
So in theory then there is no syn free lamb mince meaning the kebab recipe is not syn free x

Apparently if you go to a butcher you can get EL lamb mince. If not it tastes the same with EL beef mince so free this way. X

Salad - red pepper, lettuce, sweetcorn, carrot, cucumber with Jacket potato and flora (1 lvl TBS = 4syns), ham and cheese (HEX A)

Back