Whats for tea tonight?

Quorn Sausages, Mashed Potato, Peas, Sweetcorn and Cauliflower Cheese :)

Feeling hot hot hot chilli, boiled brown rice. (green day). Fruit and yoghurt of course. No Alpen Light coz I am using my other b for the mince. Been a little piggy today and had lattes (2) and choc fudge cake, oh and a biscuit!!! The joys of being at target, but cant do that too often. :)

Having a non sw indian takeaway tonight. I know it's naughty but you know i had a 4lb loss which i havent had before in about a year lol

Back on track 2morrow :) ...

Last nights leftovers... chicken, mushroom & green pepper in black bean sauce with 'fried' rice xxx

Cheesy loaded chips (chips topped with cheese, spring onion and a couple of slices of chorizo finely sliced) with 2x lighter choices sausages...

My chips are in the airfryer as we speak! Can't ruddy wait!!

Attachments

• image-1167335079.jpg
    image-1167335079.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Got a Syn free quiche in the oven for later- that's free on Red isn't it? Will have with some extra veg as its full of veg anyway!

gammon with peas sweetcorn and galic sweet potato mash. I am resisting the onion sauce my hubbie is having. later will maybe have strawberries and low low fat natural yoghurt

Faye Cheshire

Sounds yummy, how do u make this??

There's a thread in the recipes section called Pete's Recipe Book, I've also pasted it below :)

Pete's Peanut Butter Chicken (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

¼ tsp Crushed chilli flakes
½ tsp Madras curry powder
1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 tsp lemon juice (ss) (sff)
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tbsp. Sweetener
2 level tbsp. Peanut butter (9syn/2=4.5 syns per person)
2 tbsp. Skimmed milk
2 tbsp. Dark soy sauce
50g Frozen peas (ff)
100g Long grain rice (ff)
250ml Passata (s) (sff)
300g Chicken Breast, cubed (s) (ff)
Ground black pepper

Method

In a pan, sprayed with frylight, cook the chicken until the meat goes white, remove & set aside.
Cook the onion until it's soft, add the chilli flakes, curry powder, pepper, lemon juice, sweetener, milk, soy sauce & passata, mix well, add the peanut butter, heat until it starts to thicken, return the chicken to the pan & simmer on a low heat for 10 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
While the chicken is cooking, add the rice to a saucepan, add 3 times the quantity of water & turmeric (for colouring), add a pinch of salt, cook until the water has been absorbed, remove from the heat, tip into a sieve & run under a hot tap. Place the sieve on top of the saucepan, add the peas, cover with a lid & return to the cooker & on a low light allow to steam for a few minutes. Plate up.

I'm not sure what the dish I made is actually called. It was just a mixture of ingredients I threw together. Fresh basil chopped, Italian Herbs, Thyme, Mixed Herbs (I'm a herb freak), salt n pepper, onion, chopped cherry tomatoes, garlic, 2x chicken stock and 1x beef stock, peas and diced Chicken and 1 very small peeled and cubed potato all mixed together simmering on the hob for 2 hours at the lowest heat possible. Served with Broccoli and Sprouts. OMG it was beauitful :) Plenty left over for tomorrow too. Totally Syn Free also, yay.

My absolute favourite - oven baked risotto with mushrooms, chicken, cherry tomatoes and cheese in it. Served with roasted butternut squash with garlic and vine-ripened tomatoes. I called into the farm shop earlier (where I bought the squash) and bought some local strawberries so for after, we'll have an Eton Mess, all for 3 Syns. Bliss! Shame my partner doesn't come in until 8.45 tonight - the anticipation may kill me off! :D

Last edited:
Back