Whats for tea tonight?

Is it wrong to declare a love for sprouts ?!!

To late........ Looks like I just have !:D

Quorn burgers, cheese slices, sw wedges and chopped tomatoes :)
1381088183231.jpg

River Cobbler with boiled new potatoes, mushy peas and roasted mushrooms, peppers, red onions and cherry tomatoes. Yum!! :)

Have had a chicken in the slow cooker since this morning and the smell has me starving ALL day!!! So I'm really looking forward to my roast chicken with mash, lots of veg and gravy!
Nearly ready now!
Nom nom nom........

How do u roast a chicken in the slow cooker if u don't mind me askin pls? I cudn't survive wifout my slow cooker but I'v only ever used it 4 soups, stews, curries etc I've never "roasted" in it....Thanx in advance! x

How do u roast a chicken in the slow cooker if u don't mind me askin pls? I cudn't survive wifout my slow cooker but I'v only ever used it 4 soups, stews, curries etc I've never "roasted" in it....Thanx in advance! x

Hiya, I peel 2 carrots and put them whole in the bottom of the slow cooker, I then just put the chicken (raw) on top of the carrots, put the lid on and turn it on!!!
The carrots are just so the chicken isn't sitting directly in its own juices so you could use halved onions or apples too! I always use carrots though cause there lovely to eat as part of the dinner after!
You don't need to add any water/liquid as the chicken will just cook in its own juices. It comes out lovely and moist and melt in the mouth and just falling off the bone! It's delicious!!!!!
I've also done bacon joints, pork steaks and pork chops in my slow cooker too.
I'm trying baked potatoes next now - just prick them with a knife, wrap them in foil and bung them in!!!

2 chicken thighs with piri piri flakes cooked on a bed of leeks.
Chips - BNS, carrot & sweet potato. Plus roast corgette & peppers. I may also do some brocolli.

Follow with fresh pineapple.

Chicken donburi yakitori, modified slightly but delicious 1.5 syns total

Attachments

• image-3861330529.jpg
    image-3861330529.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 115
This looks fit -could I have the recipe please ?

Hope you can read it ok
I adjusted the veg to fit what I had in and I used a little more teriyaki sauce hence 1.5 instead of the recipes 1. Hope you enjoy it xx

Attachments

• image-3768557360.jpg
    image-3768557360.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 134
Hi Kitty - here you go chick

Ingredients

700g extra-lean minced beef less than 5% fat
2 tsp peeled and finely grated ginger
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 tsp crushed fennel seeds
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp mild or medium chilli powder
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp tumeric
2 tbsp medium curry powder
500ml carton passata
¼ tsp artificial sweetener

To Serve
Fat-free natural yogurt
Chilli powder
Mint leaves

Place the minced beef in a mixing bowl along with the ginger, garlic, fennel, cinnamon and chilli powder. Season and, using your hands, mix thoroughly until well combined. From the mixture into small, walnut-sized balls and set aside.

Place the tumeric, curry powder, passata and sweetener in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, season well and carefully place the meatballs in the sauce. Cover and cook gently for 15-20 minutes, turning the meatballs occasionally, until they are cooked through.

Remove from the heat and serve drizzled with fat-free natural yogurt, sprinkled with a pinch of chilli powder and garnished with fresh mint leaves.

I made yogurt and mint dip with mine and added cucumber. Make sure your pan is covered as the tomato juice splashes everywhere lol

Thanks, there's two meals I'll be cooking over next few weeks, thanks girls!! :D

Back